Beta testers wanted

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I've been working on a new app for Windows Phone 8. It's new photo camera app primary for taking selifies based on sefies taken by celebrities but it also supports advanced photo capturing with rear facing camera. App is still not available for public release so I need some beta testers. Please if you'd like to help me and my team PM your mail so I can add you to list. I'll include few screenshots. Thank you for reading this. Have a nice rest of day!

Link to the app:
FaceCam BETA | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

EDIT:
FaceCam is now out of the BETA stage. Get it from the store for 0,99$ (trial available)
Check last post for more info.

1.pngFaceCam4.png

Last edited:

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I've got reports that some of participants couldn't download app because of front-facing camera requirement. That has been fixed, update should be live for about 2 hours so make sure to update it :) Thank you all! :)

thrash994

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Installing right now and the first thing I noticed and it's kinda bad. Its size is really large. You should try to decrease the size, it's a camera app not a game.
I'll be testing the app now, I'll write a short review about it :)

Update: I played a little with the app and I got to say...
My first impressions are not so quite pleasant:
-As the app is constantly crushing (maybe because of my poor 8S).
-The camera is upside down (really annoying).
-It's opening a bit longish, not so long but it would be better if it was starting a bit faster.
-When the picture is taken it should be shown immediately after it, I don't want to dig into photos.
-When trying to choose a celebrity I have to scroll a bit down to show the images
-Albums is quite messy, the pictures a shown in column. It should be like in the photos hub. One after another.
-Adding a filter is a pain in the ****. Considering that the picture is not shown after taking it, I have to choose the picture that was actually taken last. The filters bar should be at the bottom and the picture in the middle so I don't have to swipe left and right after choosing a filter to see the changes.
-There's no shutter sound as listed in the settings.

This is it for now. Tomorrow I'll try to put some screenshots for everything that I've just listed above here.
Considering that the app is pretty new, it's not that bad as I wrote now (don't get mad at me now :p ). If you are going to update the app constantly and adding new features it should not be bad at all. I must say that this is a really promising app and you should keep it up.

Last edited:

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Installing right now and the first thing I noticed and it's kinda bad. Its size is really large. You should try to decrease the size, it's a camera app not a game.
I'll be testing the app now, I'll write a short review about it :)

Update: I played a little with the app and I got to say...
My first impressions are not so quite pleasant:
-As the app is constantly crushing (maybe because of my poor 8S).
-The camera is upside down (really annoying).
-It's opening a bit longish, not so long but it would be better if it was starting a bit faster.
-When the picture is taken it should be shown immediately after it, I don't want to dig into photos.
-When trying to choose a celebrity I have to scroll a bit down to show the images
-Albums is quite messy, the pictures a shown in column. It should be like in the photos hub. One after another.
-Adding a filter is a pain in the ****. Considering that the picture is not shown after taking it, I have to choose the picture that was actually taken last. The filters bar should be at the bottom and the picture in the middle so I don't have to swipe left and right after choosing a filter to see the changes.
-There's no shutter sound as listed in the settings.

This is it for now. Tomorrow I'll try to put some screenshots for everything that I've just listed above here.
Considering that the app is pretty new, it's not that bad as I wrote now (don't get mad at me now :p ). If you are going to update the app constantly and adding new features it should not be bad at all. I must say that this is a really promising app and you should keep it up.

Thank you very much for this great review. Some of these things were not present on our Lumia 1020 but that's why we have BETA program :)
As for celebrity list, last night for some reason our servers went down so all images that were on server didn't show in the app. Thank you once again for this great review, will update application very soon. Also it's great that you told us about filter's page design. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb