[Closed] Bullet Bill - Pushbullet for Windows Phone 8.1

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site
The beta test is over. You can find the final app Pushile via following link
Store-Link

Hi everyone,
Bullet Bill is a new Windows Phone 8.1 client for Pushbullet. It is the first App we development together. For this reason we are looking for some beta testers.

What is Pushbullet
Pushbullet
Pushbullet connects your phones, tablets and computers with another, allowing you share links, notes, files and more amongst your devices. Files can also be sent to your friends as well! Sharing data between devices can be a real pain, but with Pushbullet, it becomes much easier.

With Pushbullet you can send
  • links to websites you want to visit on another device
  • addresses you want to navigate to
  • notes and reminders to your friends
  • lists like shopping lists, as well as to-do lists
  • a variety of files between your devices

Features of the Bullet Bill beta test
  • Synchronize your push history for the last 28 days
  • Receive push notifications
  • Send notes, links, addresses, lists and data (only pictures at this moment)
  • Send your current location
  • Send pushes to multiple contacts and devices at once
  • Share from other apps to Bullet Bill
  • Share directly from this app
  • Pin contacts, devices, push types and received pushes to start
  • Add new contacts to your account directly via the app

1-pushes.png

Become a beta tester
In order to become a beta tester, you only have to submit your email address by using the following link:
removed

In the store, you will find the beta version via the following link:
removed

Cheers,
Daniel and Max

Last edited:

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bullet Bill - Pushbullet for Windows Phone 8.1

Choice is good. Already have pushpin installed on my phone but would love to beta test your app. Signed up!

EDIT: Signed up, but can't seem to download.

Last edited:

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Choice is good. Already have pushpin installed on my phone but would love to beta test your app. Signed up!

EDIT: Signed up, but can't seem to download.

I already enabled your email address. It may need some time until you can download the app. Please let me know, when it still does not work for you.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Is Bullet Bill a reference to those rockets in the various Mario games?

Well, either way, if your logo is close enough to the actual character, you're put at risk regarding the Bullet Bill character by Nintendo.

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

I already enabled your email address. It may need some time until you can download the app. Please let me know, when it still does not work for you.

I can download it now. I really like the app. It's fast and feels metro. Hope to see a dark theme soon and the integration with WP8.1 file picker. Even though its still in BETA the app feels and functions really stable. Waiting for an update with more features. :)

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site

I just uploaded a new version of this app. Should be available within the next two hours. Thanks for your feedback.

Changelog:
  • ADDED: wide tile
  • ADDED: live tile support
  • ADDED: option to send to all contacts at once

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Wow that was quick. Thanks for the speedy update.

But I think I found a bug. Sometimes when I resume the app from background, the contacts tab is shown empty.
u8etu6u9.png

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Ok thanks for the patch. It is working good now. But there is one more bug i found.

When I open the app from the dead (i.e. completely close the app, even closed in the multitask window), and click on any previous push. Instead of showing the info and data of that particular push, all I see is this:
useza8a6.png

I have to go back and open the push again to see its inner contents.

One more thing I noticed is the space between the ALL tab and the pushes, it is different than CONTACTS tab and the contacts listed. Too much space is wasted there.

One more feature I would love to see is sorting of pushes based on devices sent/received. I have a concept in mind, I'll post it in some time. :)

EDIT: Some thing like this for sorting:
wp_ss_20140926_0003.jpg
See the extra button in the bottom bar. When you click on it, the contact names are shown and when clicked on the contact name only pushes to/from the contact are shown.

Last edited:

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Also the live tile is not updating anymore. It still shows a push I previously deleted. Also if you could please add a new push counter to the live tile.

EDIT: oh, the live tile only works with notes, intentional or bug?

Last edited:

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site

In some hours, there will be a new update.

Changelog:
  • ADDED: select multiple pushes on main page and delete or dismiss them
  • ADDED: pin, delete and dismiss pushes directly from main page
  • CHANGED: style adjustments
  • FIX: small bug fixes

1-pushes.png

When I open the app from the dead (i.e. completely close the app, even closed in the multitask window), and click on any previous push. Instead of showing the info and data of that particular push, all I see is this

I have to go back and open the push again to see its inner contents.

I fixed it, hopefully this will work.

One more feature I would love to see is sorting of pushes based on devices sent/received. I have a concept in mind, I'll post it in some time. :)

Thank you for this idea. I will add a sort/ filter option in some time, but this will not included in the next update.

Also the live tile is not updating anymore. It still shows a push I previously deleted. Also if you could please add a new push counter to the live tile.

EDIT: oh, the live tile only works with notes, intentional or bug?

When you get a new push from another user or you send a push to your phone, you will get a notification on your phone. Everytime you get a notification, the live tile should update as well. On my device it works with all types of pushes. Please check this on your device again and let me know what happend.

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

When you get a new push from another user or you send a push to your phone, you will get a notification on your phone. Everytime you get a notification, the live tile should update as well. On my device it works with all types of pushes. Please check this on your device again and let me know what happend.

Ok can confirm that. Live tile updates for incoming pushes. But the notification for a file push is just, "You got a file" and the senders name. Please add the name of the file too to the live tile.

Now there one new bug. When I try to share a file from the photo hub, this his how the recipient list looks:

ebate4u9.png

Thanks for the new update. All the bugs I previously reported are gone now. And I do like the new icons and style used, looks more colourful.

EDIT: I noticed two more things, one when I get a notification and open that, am send to the push that arrived. Now if I click on the back button it closes the app, but then if I open the app from the tile, am send directly to the previous push I opened via notification and there is no way to get back to the main screen of the app apart from closing the app completely from multitask window.

And the second thing is, when I open a notification of a push, and click on reply I am presented with only one option to reply, no forward option.

Last edited:

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate your help!

Just few minutes ago, I uploaded a new update. It will be available within the next few hours.
This update should fix the bugs you noticed and it brings two new features. Now you can send all types of files and via the start page you can delete contacts and devices.

Now there one new bug. When I try to share a file from the photo hub, this his how the recipient list looks:

Sorry, I could not reproduced this. Maybe the app was in a corrupted state.

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate your help!

Just few minutes ago, I uploaded a new update. It will be available within the next few hours.
This update should fix the bugs you noticed and it brings two new features. Now you can send all types of files and via the start page you can delete contacts and devices.

Sorry, I could not reproduced this. Maybe the app was in a corrupted state.

I tried reinstalling, but still the problem is still there.
I have a NL 920.

EDIT: I am on the latest version. Even when I try forwarding a push, the contact list is buggy (as shown in the #13 post )

EDIT2: Funny thing, When I open the recipient list for the first time for a push it is shown buggy. But if I go back and open the list again, the list is shown properly. :D

EDIT3: Please fix this:
bb-push.png
It feels out-of-place due to no icon. Thanks.

EDIT4:I still get the No recipient/ sender error, when I open the app from the multitask window. I have to go back and open the push again see to the inner contents.

Last edited:

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site

I tried reinstalling, but still the problem is still there.
I have a NL 920.

EDIT: I am on the latest version. Even when I try forwarding a push, the contact list is buggy (as shown in the #13 post )

EDIT2: Funny thing, When I open the recipient list for the first time for a push it is shown buggy. But if I go back and open the list again, the list is shown properly. :D

Is it right, that your list items are too small?
I changed something on this list. Hopefully this will work for you.

EDIT3: Please fix this:
It feels out-of-place due to no icon. Thanks.

Now the icon works, but you need to delete the permission for Bullet Bill. Open the app and try to sync. A message dialog should appear and you can log in again. After these steps, the icon should appear on the website.

EDIT4:I still get the No recipient/ sender error, when I open the app from the multitask window. I have to go back and open the push again see to the inner contents.

I already noticed it too. The last fix doesent work quit well ;) Today I changed a lot in the code to fix this issue. Now it should work.

In the new update I also added a option to filter pushes by contacts and devices.

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Everything is working perfectly after the new update. I really like the new sorting function. I'll test the app more and post feedback.

BTW, Pushbullet yesterday introduced channels (https://blog.pushbullet.com/2014/09/30/introducing-pushbullet-channels/) and the new API (https://docs.pushbullet.com/changelog/) for the channels have been introduced. Will you be integrating this to your app?

EDIT: The device name keeps disappearing from settings -> device.

Also, if I receive a new push and delete it afterwards The live tile still shows that push. Can a counter be added to the tile for new notifications, it will make the tile more useful even when the user uses the small tile?

EDIT2: The app doesn't work with VPN. I get the error "No internet access available. You are not connected to the internet."

Last edited:

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site

The device name keeps disappearing from settings -> device.

Also, if I receive a new push and delete it afterwards The live tile still shows that push. Can a counter be added to the tile for new notifications, it will make the tile more useful even when the user uses the small tile?

The issue with the missing device name is fixed.

I added a option to reset the tile, when the user starts the app. A counter will follow in the next few days.

The app doesn't work with VPN. I get the error "No internet access available. You are not connected to the internet."

It seems there is no way to detect, when the user is connected to the internet via vpn. I will continue searching for this problem.

BTW, Pushbullet yesterday introduced channels. Will you be integrating this to your app?

Yeah, I will. :smile: If I have enough time for that, I will finish it this week.

Last edited:

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

The issue with the missing device name is fixed.
I added a option to reset the tile, when the user starts the app. A counter will follow in the next few days.

It seems there is no way to detect, when the user is connected to the internet via vpn. I will continue searching for this problem.

Yeah, I will. :smile: If I have enough time for that, I will finish it this week.
Other Apps seem to be doing fine with VPN. I tried PushPin with VPN, and there was no problem. The problem might be the way your app checks for Internet.

I have send an error message to your email. An unexpected error occured when I tried opening the app when in vpn.

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Other Apps seem to be doing fine with VPN. I tried PushPin with VPN, and there was no problem. The problem might be the way your app checks for Internet.

I changed the method to check for internet connection.

In the latest update, you will see the name of the channel, when you get a push from it and there is also a list with your subscriptions. The next days I will add more functions to this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6