[Closed] Bullet Bill - Pushbullet for Windows Phone 8.1

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bullet Bill - Pushbullet for Windows Phone 8.1

I changed the method to check for internet connection.

In the latest update, you will see the name of the channel, when you get a push from it and there is also a list with your subscriptions. The next days I will add more functions to this.

Can confirm that it works under VPN now. Thanks!
Max, any ETA on the dark theme? This would make the app complete for me. :D

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

This is the next thing I will work on :smile:

The app is the most feature complete pushbullet app on WP. It's pretty fast and stable, so when are you planning to release it to public?

EDIT: After installing today's update, the app is getting crashed when resuming. I am not able to attach a file from the app, due to this.

Also I noticed that an unexpected error is thrown when I try to open the app without an internet connection...intentional?

EDIT2: One more thing, when I send a file using the app to a recipient (my PC), I get two instances of the same push and downloads twice. Also, in the web interface there are two instances of the same push. eg. bbb.png

EDIT3: Thanks for the update. Its not crashing anymore. But the problem of multiple instances of a single push sent from Bullet Bill still exists. Currently only happens with only files. Might me a server issue at your end?

Last edited:

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the new update. The problem mentioned above have been resolved. I really like the new sorting function which also help sort between channels.

EDIT: Problem with subscribed channel notification. When I open a notification sent to me by a subscribed channel, the app is shown completely empty with only a green gift icon in the top left. This problem is similar to no recipient/sender error.

Last edited:

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site

EDIT: Problem with subscribed channel notification. When I open a notification sent to me by a subscribed channel, the app is shown completely empty with only a green gift icon in the top left. This problem is similar to no recipient/sender error.

I solved this and the unexpected error without internet connection you mentioned.

I had to read and search a lot to get the best way for a theme switcher. I found a good (but not the best I think :wink: ) solution for that. So I think the next update will have a theme switcher :excited:

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Woah!!! This app is developing at a crazy pace. When is the release?

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Max, excited for the next update. And can confirm the error management has improved in the app.

@amitnahar: Yes I know. Max is highly responsive and I believe this this the only Pushbullet app on WP, with so many distinct features. The release might be soon, as the app right now is really stable and feature rich. :)

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

A new bug, when sharing to bullet bill. App bar is invisible along with letter bookmarks of the contacts:
wp_ss_20141006_0001.png

Also, please add a download option for files.

Last edited:

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site

A new bug, when sharing to bullet bill. App bar is invisible along with letter bookmarks of the contacts:

Also, please add a download option for files.

Actually they are not invisible, they are just white :grin: I added some code for a theme switcher and this is a side effect from this. Currently I am at work, so I can fix it, when I am back at home. The buttons are there and they work if you know, where they are :grin:

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site

I just uploaded a update with a dark theme. You can switch to the new dark theme in the settings. This will need a restart of the app to apply the change.

darktheme.png

So please let me know, if would change some thing, even when you want more themes. You can also send me colors for a new theme, if you like - nearly everything is possible :grin:

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

The new dark theme is good.

So please let me know, if would change some thing, even when you want more themes. You can also send me colors for a new theme, if you like - nearly everything is possible

Great. Please add a full black theme as in the native interfaces.

Max, when I search for new channels to subscribe and enter a search term, it only brings up one result. Is it a Pushbullet API restriction?

One more thing I noticed in the app is when I go back to "all" tab after opening a push, while the interface is refreshing and if I scroll down the push list, the push list shifts to the right leaving a black (sometimes, blank) space for a second or so. Not a major bug, but its still an annoyance.

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Max, when I search for new channels to subscribe and enter a search term, it only brings up one result. Is it a Pushbullet API restriction?
Unfortunately, this is a limitation of Pushbullet. I will add a similar promoted channel list like this one on Pushbullet.
One more thing I noticed in the app is when I go back to "all" tab after opening a push, while the interface is refreshing and if I scroll down the push list, the push list shifts to the right leaving a black (sometimes, blank) space for a second or so. Not a major bug, but its still an annoyance.
This is already on my TODO-list :wink: I will also change the refresh frequency. It is not necessary, that the app refresh so often.

I will add a black theme, too.

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Hey Max, love the new update. The new animations makes the app faster than before. Though I noticed you removed the option to change the type of push while creating the push. Also if I click on the button for new push, it takes me to create a new note type push with no option to change the type.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Hey man, the app crashes sometimes when I pick up a file or send one. Can you look into that?

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Though I noticed you removed the option to change the type of push while creating the push. Also if I click on the button for new push, it takes me to create a new note type push with no option to change the type.

You can press the header to select another type. To indicate that, I will add an arrow to the header.

Hey man, the app crashes sometimes when I pick up a file or send one. Can you look into that?

Thank you, I will look for that.

maxkle25

May 28, 2014
Visit site

I added an option to download files via the app and also a small icon for channel pushes in the push stream.

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Hey Max, thanks for the new update, really like the action center support addition. Loving the app more and more with each update.

BTW, why don't you join the WPC developer program? You'll get a chance to showcase your app on WPC's frontpage.

Dnamb

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Hey Max, just noticed an odd behavior in the app, If I send a push without selecting any recipient the app still shows "Sending push..." message along with the error message "Choose Recipient".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro