RunMaster Pedometer (former Pedometer Master) beta testing

ekalyvio

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

We are looking for beta testers for our new version of the software (ver. 4.0) that supports 3 different modes of tracking:
1) Outdoor tracking (GPS)
2) Indoor tracking (G-sensor tracking as a real pedometer)
3) Hybrid (both Outdoor & Indoor)

If you are interested in participating, please let us know by visiting the bellow link:
Pedometer Master Free @ WPbeta.me

Efthymios Kalyviotis
RunMaster

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

We are looking for beta testers for our new version of the software (ver. 4.0) that supports 3 different modes of tracking:
1) Outdoor tracking (GPS)
2) Indoor tracking (G-sensor tracking as a real pedometer)
3) Hybrid (both Outdoor & Indoor)

If you are interested in participating, please let us know by visiting the bellow link:
Pedometer Master Free @ WPbeta.me

Efthymios Kalyviotis
RunMaster

Hi, I'm interested in Beta-testing your app; I've been involved in a few beta-testing projects since Windows Mobile 6.5 on LED Blinking notifications and now in Windows Phone 8.1 (can't disclose more info on which app/s, I'm afraid). But I've got a minor question before I "sign-up" for the program. It says that it will still run in the background, but will this still work for phones that do not have SensorCore, e.g. the L1020?

ekalyvio

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes. The application is able to run in the background and also no Sensorcore enabled device is needed. This way, the application is able to run in any device.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Got it a few moments ago and went ahead in testing it. I also had the chance to compare it with v.3.4.1.0. Here's what I got so far with my L1020 under the latest dev prev update and official cyan:
- Missing/unnecessary/un-updated text in the Settings. In the settings, it says that "Due to Windows Phone OS limitations, when the application runs under screen lock, the accelerometer will get disabled and will not be able to count steps. In that case, it is adviced to enable the 'Do not use acceleration sensor' check box in the General tab of this page and enter a manual stride length." However, the "Do not use acceleration sensor" check box is no longer present in v.4.0.0.0.
- Steps are being counted even under lock screen in v.4.0.0.0. I have tried running the app under lock screen by simply switching the screen off (forced screen time out) and by running the app in the background (by going to the start screen without terminating the app). In both cases, it seems that the accelerometer still runs even under lock screen, since my steps were still being counted. I tried "faking" my steps by bouncing my phone up and down while standing in place and the step count still continued - it was accurate to my bounce count, too! This is definitely a big plus, as this is not the case for v.3.4.1.0. In v.3.4.1.0, the accelerometer was deactivated as soon as the screen timed out. I may need to observe v.4.0.0.0. more on this, perhaps in longer walks and runs.
- Unusually long "resuming" screen occasionally after unlocking the phone while the app is running under lock screen. Happened only once, and the app did not crash. Switching to another app or the start screen and then returning to the app brings me back to where I left the app.

These are all for now. Will post more as they come up. Good work!:cool:

ekalyvio

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for letting me know! Please, in any case you find any bug with the app, it would be better to know it via email on 'pedometer_support (at) kaliviotis.com'.

1) You are very right about the text on that version. It is un-updated and not correct.
2) The acceleration sensor should also work in both background and under locked screen as it does. There is a reason that such feature can not be seen in WP 8.0 phones but it will be only available to 8.1 updated phones (O/S limitations).
3) That 'long' resuming screen slightly worries me! For example in a Lumia 620 might be quite longer duration (since slower phone). Or if the duration of the walk is longer.

Please, in any case if you can, it would be nice to see the app working for plenty of hours and see what is happening on your phone battery life. Do you observe any excess heat on the phone while walking/running at lock screen? How much does it drain the battery for an hour of walk?

Thank you very much.

Efthymios Kalyviotis

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Update:
Under Indoor mode: The accelerometer stops counting as soon as you push the app into the background, i.e. if you launch a different app or bring up the start screen. To keep the accelerometer counting under lock screen, just switch the screen off with the app in the foreground.

Under Hybrid mode: The accelerometer does not count any steps as long as the GPS does not detect any movement. Once it detects movement, steps will be counted both by GPS distance and accelerometer.

ekalyvio

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes! You are right on this one. I will push an update today that fixes the problem that the sensor stops counting steps on the background.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077