Beta testers wanted for Questie

Dennis Bakker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for some beta testers for my Windows Phone 8.1 app Questie and the associated website http://questie.net (for now redirected to a Dutch named azure website).

My app is a quest app which you can perform after downloading a quest where you are invited for.

If you want to participate as a beta tester, then send me aPM with your email address or send an email to contact@speurtochie.nl with Betatester in the subject and I will send you all the information you need to just register at the website and start making your own quests. You can add several participants to a quest who you can invite to download the quest on a Windows Phone 8.1 device. The participant gets a username and code to download the quest in the app and of course the download link to the app itself.

You can view a performed quest (a Dutch one) on the website when you go to 'Results' and enter the following data:

Username: voor@beeld.nu
Code: 123456

I hope that some of you want to test the website and the app and report every bug or tips or translation errors. I doubt if 'quest' is the common word used in English. Google and Bing translate came also with 'treasure hunt' and 'scavenger hunt' but I think that's not what my app is about.

The name Quest was already taken, just like the Dutch word Speurtocht, so I used a sort of dimunitive for Speurtocht like Speurtochie and for the English quest I used Questie (like cookie, doggy, mommy, girlie). Is Questie a good choice or do you know a better name?

Last edited:

Dennis Bakker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit confused on what the app actually does.

With the app you can start a quest which you downloaded in the app. First you have to navigate to a start location. This location is indicated on a map. If you arrive at the start location, then you can start the challenges in the quest.

There are 6 different kind of challenges:

You can get a challenge where you just have to navigate with a map.

Another challenge is almost the same, but the map is white with just a rater on it and your current location and the target location. The distance between your current location and the target gets noticeable smaller on the map if you walk in the right direction.

There is also a challenge with an arrow pointing in the direction you have to walk.

The fourth challenge type is 'Warmer-colder'. If you walk in the right direction, the text warmer is shown. If you walk away from the target, the text colder is shown.

The fifth challenge type continuously shows the distance to the target. When the distance gets smaller, you walk in the right direction.

In the last challenge type you get a clue of the target. No maps or other directions are available, just the clou. You have to figure it out with help from people known in the area or with the help of the internet.

After each challenge there will be a (multiple choice-) question asked about the area, or you get a command, like 'Take a picture of the target'. There are 5 types of questions/commands.

If you go to the website and go to 'Results' you can view a example of a quest which is earlier performed and saved from within the app on the website.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes