06-23-2015 02:25 PM
202 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I put my email here, but I haven't got any mail for the beta. Please sign me up lkcbharath@gmail.com
    Please see my PM. DL link is at the bottom of the very first post - you've been added for weeks :)

Any news/update on the playlist-format support?

Really looking forward testing this music player out, but first I really need the support for .m3u or .wpl :)
    Something is in the works..
    Ostbiten likes this.
    02-25-2015 10:53 AM
    Any news/update on the playlist-format support?

Really looking forward testing this music player out, but first I really need the support for .m3u or .wpl :)
    Support has been added in v1.2.0.7 Please check it out and see if it meets your requirements.

edit: looks like there is a small bug that isn't present when running in the debugger - I'll need to submit a fix sometime after I wake up.

Updated to v1.2.0.7
    - Import playlists from m3u files
    Last edited by therealcraig; 02-25-2015 at 11:20 PM.
    02-25-2015 08:42 PM
    Sorry for the delay, I became ill today. I've uploaded the fix and added everyone.
    02-26-2015 07:09 PM
    I reviewed your app on the Indian WP Store. Basically it only needs better scrolling and better live tile updates. Otherwise, I'll delete OneMusic and use this daily :D
    02-27-2015 09:12 AM
    I reviewed your app on the Indian WP Store. Basically it only needs better scrolling and better live tile updates. Otherwise, I'll delete OneMusic and use this daily :D
    Thanks sir. What do you mean by better live tile updates exactly?
    02-27-2015 09:21 AM
    v1.2.0.9
    - Bug fixes

Added everyone.
    02-27-2015 09:47 PM
    I have just tried this player out now since you added support for playlists - but I can't import my playlist. It says at the top ''Reading playist from....''

I don't know how long it should take, but I have let it load for a while now. I tried both putting the playlist on OneDrive and my SD-card, and both seems to get the same problem.
    02-28-2015 08:46 AM
    I have just tried this player out now since you added support for playlists - but I can't import my playlist. It says at the top ''Reading playist from....''

I don't know how long it should take, but I have let it load for a while now. I tried both putting the playlist on OneDrive and my SD-card, and both seems to get the same problem.
    Can you send me the file? It should only take several seconds.
    02-28-2015 10:03 AM
    Thanks sir. What do you mean by better live tile updates exactly?
    While changing the settings on live tiles, it took a long time before the changes actually applied onto the live tile.

Oh and along with that could you add a transparent tile if the album artist or etc. isn't displayed and only the app logo? Cheers
    02-28-2015 10:13 AM
    While changing the settings on live tiles, it took a long time before the changes actually applied onto the live tile.

Oh and along with that could you add a transparent tile if the album artist or etc. isn't displayed and only the app logo? Cheers
    Currently the updates happen on the next track that is played but yes I can make the tile changes instant. Regarding the transparent tile, if their is no album art displayed at the very least the artist name should be there and the track name so long as you have enabled those in the settings. Are you saying you'd rather have no artist overlay and instead just have the ML logo?
    02-28-2015 10:35 AM

Thanks for providing your file. Fixed in new update, some encoding issues.

Please see new update, tile changes are now instant.

Update should be live in < 1 hour.
    02-28-2015 11:12 AM
    Awesome, within a day of reporting a problem its fixed, hats off developer!
    02-28-2015 11:41 PM
    Currently the updates happen on the next track that is played but yes I can make the tile changes instant. Regarding the transparent tile, if their is no album art displayed at the very least the artist name should be there and the track name so long as you have enabled those in the settings. Are you saying you'd rather have no artist overlay and instead just have the ML logo?
    Yes, just the logo and a transparent background. Really love how you value our feedback.
    02-28-2015 11:42 PM
    Anything about the customizable backgrounds?
    03-01-2015 01:15 AM
    Now the playlist got successfully read, but it says: No songs from the playlist file were found in your library! Please check your playlist file for errors.

I got my whole media library on OneDrive and it read everything correct, so I can listen to all my songs - so must be a problem somewhere. :P

I must thank you as you are a really fast developer that listen to your feedback - keep it up! :)
    03-01-2015 05:05 AM
    Yes, just the logo and a transparent background. Really love how you value our feedback.
    Ok gotcha, I'll add this in an upcoming build.

Anything about the customizable backgrounds?
    I'll work on it this week for sure, not sure when I'll add it in the beta release though.

Now the playlist got successfully read, but it says: No songs from the playlist file were found in your library! Please check your playlist file for errors.

I got my whole media library on OneDrive and it read everything correct, so I can listen to all my songs - so must be a problem somewhere. :P

I must thank you as you are a really fast developer that listen to your feedback - keep it up! :)
    Ah, the problem is they are OneDrive files but the .m3u file has the full path specified as if it were on the device memory. (ie. yours says E:/folder/to/musicfile.mp3) however as the file lives on OneDrive it's not recognized. I will add it to failback to check OneDrive if the song is not found on the device in the path that was specified.
    03-01-2015 02:41 PM

I'm curious if you're requesting this because you've disabled the artist overlay of the tile? Normally even if you don't have album art it will still show relevant info for the track playing.

tile.png

It should now fallback to check your OneDrive library even if it's in the m3u file as a local path. Let me know how it goes.
    03-02-2015 06:55 PM
    I signed up. Add me if you any slots left. Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    03-02-2015 08:17 PM
    It should now fallback to check your OneDrive library even if it's in the m3u file as a local path. Let me know how it goes.
    It works now! Thanks for really fast update! :)

Been testing this out a little bit now, and few improvements I can came up with as of now:

*Support for FlAC
    *Faster app - I get the ''resuming'' a lot in this app after lockscreen for example.
    *Searching for song should be easier, now you gotta use the ''-'' to find a song. Example: I want to find Hans Zimmer - Time, then I search for Hans Zimmer Time (without the ''-'') and it doesn't come up. I could search for only Hans Zimmer, but that would yield too many results at times.

Other than that, this is my main and favorite music player! Keep up the good work! :)
    03-03-2015 02:56 PM
    I signed up. Add me if you any slots left. Thanks. ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ
    You've been added, and everyone else too who signed up on the site.

It works now! Thanks for really fast update! :)

Been testing this out a little bit now, and few improvements I can came up with as of now:

*Support for FlAC
    *Faster app - I get the ''resuming'' a lot in this app after lockscreen for example.
    *Searching for song should be easier, now you gotta use the ''-'' to find a song. Example: I want to find Hans Zimmer - Time, then I search for Hans Zimmer Time (without the ''-'') and it doesn't come up. I could search for only Hans Zimmer, but that would yield too many results at times.

Other than that, this is my main and favorite music player! Keep up the good work! :)
    1. I'll add it to the to do list, though this might take a while longer.
    2. I hear ya, I find 8.1 is very aggressive in terms of when it is wants to suspend apps. The OS decides to terminate the app for whatever reason when it's in the background or under the lockscreen, there is no rhyme or reason to know why it was suspended but it does as it wishes. When the OS decides to terminate the app you only get so many seconds to save all of the data in the app to the device storage (no longer in RAM) (think songs, artists, albums, playlists, page states, etc) you want to be restored when the app is resumed. The resuming screen appears when the OS starts your app again and now you need to read everything from storage that was in your app right before it was suspended - doesn't matter if it was only under the lock screen - it got suspended the same way it does when you send it to the background for 1 min, 3 min, or 5 min. The more data that needs to be read from the storage the longer your app will show the resuming screen. There are things I could do to help improve the time taken to resume the app, but I have no control over the fact windows suspends it after being sent to the background for 30 seconds. Maybe this means I only save some of the data and load the rest when the UI is active again. It's something I'll look into and might take time.
    3. Try the new update, I've made the search a little more robust which should account for this.
    03-03-2015 05:47 PM
    You've been added, and everyone else too who signed up on the site.
    [/LIST]

Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    I tried the app and its been pretty stable. I also like the design. Swipe animation on now playing page is amazing.
    Now moving to bugs, I didn't find any noticable bugs. Also resuming screen is pretty irritating.
    Some feature requests:
    1. Themes support. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    2. Live Tile must show the album and not the logo after stopping the music.
    3. This is my most requested feature and it's the only thing I miss from ios music player: See attached screenshot.

Thanks again for adding me to beta. ๐Ÿ˜„
    03-04-2015 01:18 AM
    Thanks.
    I tried the app and its been pretty stable. I also like the design. Swipe animation on now playing page is amazing.
    Now moving to bugs, I didn't find any noticable bugs. Also resuming screen is pretty irritating.
    Some feature requests:
    1. Themes support.
    2. Live Tile must show the album and not the logo after stopping the music.
    3. This is my most requested feature and it's the only thing I miss from ios music player: See attached screenshot.

Thanks again for adding me to beta.
    1. Can do.
    2. Show the album name you mean? I am not sure what purpose showing the album name on the tile after the music ends does.
    3. Sure, I can add - could you explain group by folder, I'm not sure I understand that one.
    03-04-2015 04:50 PM
    1. Can do.
    2. Show the album name you mean? I am not sure what purpose showing the album name on the tile after the music ends does.
    3. Sure, I can add - could you explain group by folder, I'm not sure I understand that one.

2. I mean Album Art. ModernMusic does this. Only logo don't look good.
    3. I have 4 songs in an album with 4 different artists. When on album view, I want to group them based on album name but on artist view, I want to group them based on artist.
    Currently, in album view, it shows 4 entries for a single album.
    03-04-2015 07:57 PM
    2. I mean Album Art. ModernMusic does this. Only logo don't look good.
    3. I have 4 songs in an album with 4 different artists. When on album view, I want to group them based on album name but on artist view, I want to group them based on artist.
    Currently, in album view, it shows 4 entries for a single album.
    Currently the album art remains on the tile after a song is played in my test but will revert to the app logo after the audio task has been killed by the OS after a period of inactivity (could be a few minutes in some cases).

It will likely be something the user can opt in for in the live tile settings, I like the idea of giving the option to show something else other than a static logo. I'll see if I can whip something up this weekend when I have time off.
    Last edited by therealcraig; 03-04-2015 at 08:34 PM.
    03-04-2015 08:07 PM
    Currently the album art remains on the tile after a song is played in my test but will revert to the app logo after the audio task has been killed by the OS after a period of inactivity (could be a few minutes in some cases).

It will likely be something the user can opt in for in the live tile settings, I like the idea of giving the option to show something else other than a static logo. I'll see if I can whip something up this weekend when I have time off.

Thanks.
    And what about that super important 3rd point?
    03-04-2015 09:19 PM
202 ... 45678 ...