Music Locker Beta

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello all!

I've been a WPcentral reader for a number of years :) I'm hoping some of you would be kind enough to beta test for me. I've been using it for personal use for a little while and feel it has enough to at least go beta and then from there we shall see.

Music Locker is a music player, it allows you to integrate your local music library on your device with all your music on OneDrive. You can play music on your device or stream it directly from OneDrive, you can even mix and match them and create playlists that contain both! Music Locker also enables you to download to your local storage directly from OneDrive. I'm looking to add Xbox Music support down the road. Remember the first library scan will take the longest, information is cached at this point and not all of it will need to be regenerated, scans after will take less time and am looking to reduce the scanning time in future releases as well. It's complete with song, artist, album, and genre views - you can sort the library any which way you'd like (name, duration, album, artist, date modified, ascending descending, etc). You can filter the library to only show your local music, show your music on the cloud, or show them both. See more below..

Features
  • Play music from your device
  • Stream music from OneDrive (with Album Art)
  • Download music from OneDrive
  • Create and edit playlists
  • Create playlists linked to OneDrive folders
  • Sort your libray (name, duration, date, ...)
  • Album, Artist, Genre views
  • Scrubbing
  • Live tile
  • Import playlists from .m3u files (iTunes, etc..)
  • Lots more!
Some tips or hidden features
  • When a library scan is active, tap on the previewed art to play the song while scanning is still in progress
  • Tap and hold on the play button to shuffle or play all songs in your currently selected library (device, onedrive, all music)
  • Tap on the album art of the playing song to jump to the Now Playing page
  • Double tap on the album art on the Now Playing page to open the volume control
To Do
  • Xbox Music Integration
wp_ss_20150104_0001.png wp_ss_20150119_0002.png wp_ss_20150104_0003.png wp_ss_20150119_0001.png

AppStoreIcon.png qrcode (2).jpeg

DOWNLOAD:
The app is now public, please download from here :)
http://forums.windowscentral.com/ap...er-better-music-app-onedrive-integration.html

Thanks!

Last edited:

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I will add everyone who has PM'd me shortly after I wake up (heading to bed now). I'd like to add as many at once as possible due to the fact Dev Center only lets you add beta users when technically submitted an updated release.

Can you tell a little more about its features

I've update with some bullet points, any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Ostbiten

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Does it support playlist-formats like .wpl or .m3u?

This is vital for me, since I make my playlists on my PC and save it over to the phone - so it can read it.

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Does it support playlist-formats like .wpl or .m3u?

This is vital for me, since I make my playlists on my PC and save it over to the phone - so it can read it.

Not currently, but definitely something that will be considered! I'll shoot you a PM when that feature has been implemented :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss