Music Locker Beta

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for adding me. Really your app is way cooler than the Xbox music app. I absolutely love the design.
I have a few suggestions, firstly while scrolling in the songs/artist/album list it should sort according to alphabets so that browsing is easier especially when there is a lot of music. Secondly if I play another batch of songs from another album, songs from the previous album stays in the queue list. It is something that should be cleared automatically. Thirdly if the songs are shuffled it shuffles up nicely but when the shuffle button is pressed again it does not return to the original serial numbering of the album.

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for adding me. Really your app is way cooler than the Xbox music app. I absolutely love the design.
I have a few suggestions, firstly while scrolling in the songs/artist/album list it should sort according to alphabets so that browsing is easier especially when there is a lot of music. Secondly if I play another batch of songs from another album, songs from the previous album stays in the queue list. It is something that should be cleared automatically. Thirdly if the songs are shuffled it shuffles up nicely but when the shuffle button is pressed again it does not return to the original serial numbering of the album.

Regarding your first point, if you open up the app menu at the bottom you can sort your songs, artists or albums (by track name, artist, date modified, etc..) The sorting for each tab has a separate setting and different sorting options are available for each. I will most likely include a jump list when I get some time. Your second point about the queue not being cleared when playing an album (or artist for that matter), I will most likely add the option to clear the queue - this is already done when starting a playlist. Third, yes this is how it is currently though I would like to have it behave like you mentioned at some point, it could be a bit challenging when adding different items to your queue (albums, artists, individual tracks, playlists) as they are all meshed together. Appreciate the feedback, it will help me improve the app.

Bro... I haven't got any link yet, i've pm'd u earlier.... Please respond.
I signed up for the beta uisng the first link but still cant download the app

I'm very sorry for the delay, I've been extremely busy with work the past couple days. I'll add everyone very shortly :)

edit: Added everyone! Live in store < 1 hr

Last edited:

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
They have different artists for the individual tracks but the same artist for the entire album. If it helps.

Fixed in new update, please try it out.

Secondly if I play another batch of songs from another album, songs from the previous album stays in the queue list. It is something that should be cleared automatically.

Added option to auto clear queue in settings.

// Update
Sorry all for the lack of updates, unfortunately had to work on the weekend so did not have much time. I've submitted a new update 1.1.0.5 to the store, included are some fixes and tweaks.

v1.1.0.5
- Added repeat option
- Fixed grouping of albums with same album artist
- UI Tweaks (sorting, changing libraries, now playing page)
- Option to clear queue auto when playing album or artist collection
- Bug fixes

For those of you that have given feedback (good or bad) I'd like to thank you, I'm going to try and address everything that's been mentioned so far at some point if it hasn't already.

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Yep that has been partially fixed. But i guess the problem is with the albums downloaded from Nokia music(mixradio) . Neither it reads their album covers nor groups the albums into one.

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Yep that has been partially fixed. But i guess the problem is with the albums downloaded from Nokia music(mixradio) . Neither it reads their album covers nor groups the albums into one.

Hmm, I tested and it worked fine for me. Have you made sure to rescan the library (settings->library->scan device)?

ps. Send me the song where the art does not load and I'll see if anything can be done.

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I tested and it worked fine for me. Have you made sure to rescan the library (settings->library->scan device)?

ps. Send me the song where the art does not load and I'll see if anything can be done.

Yes i scanned the library after the update. Did it work for you for Nokia music songs. I can tell you that now it is fine for other songs.
Btw how can i send you the song?

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes i scanned the library after the update. Did it work for you for Nokia music songs. I can tell you that now it is fine for other songs.
Btw how can i send you the song?

None of my music comes from Nokia Music, I download them on my computer and throw them in my OneDrive music folder and download from the app or sometimes use the Windows Phone Desktop app.

I just signed up. Can you please add me to the beta? I'm excited to give it a try. Thanks!

I'll add shortly sir.

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss