Music Locker Beta

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes, just the logo and a transparent background. Really love how you value our feedback.

Ok gotcha, I'll add this in an upcoming build.

Anything about the customizable backgrounds?

I'll work on it this week for sure, not sure when I'll add it in the beta release though.

Now the playlist got successfully read, but it says: No songs from the playlist file were found in your library! Please check your playlist file for errors.

I got my whole media library on OneDrive and it read everything correct, so I can listen to all my songs - so must be a problem somewhere. :p

I must thank you as you are a really fast developer that listen to your feedback - keep it up! :)

Ah, the problem is they are OneDrive files but the .m3u file has the full path specified as if it were on the device memory. (ie. yours says E:/folder/to/musicfile.mp3) however as the file lives on OneDrive it's not recognized. I will add it to failback to check OneDrive if the song is not found on the device in the path that was specified.

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
While changing the settings on live tiles, it took a long time before the changes actually applied onto the live tile.

Oh and along with that could you add a transparent tile if the album artist or etc. isn't displayed and only the app logo? Cheers

I'm curious if you're requesting this because you've disabled the artist overlay of the tile? Normally even if you don't have album art it will still show relevant info for the track playing.

tile.png

Now the playlist got successfully read, but it says: No songs from the playlist file were found in your library! Please check your playlist file for errors.

I got my whole media library on OneDrive and it read everything correct, so I can listen to all my songs - so must be a problem somewhere. :p

I must thank you as you are a really fast developer that listen to your feedback - keep it up! :)

It should now fallback to check your OneDrive library even if it's in the m3u file as a local path. Let me know how it goes.

Ostbiten

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
It should now fallback to check your OneDrive library even if it's in the m3u file as a local path. Let me know how it goes.

It works now! Thanks for really fast update! :)

Been testing this out a little bit now, and few improvements I can came up with as of now:

*Support for FlAC
*Faster app - I get the ''resuming'' a lot in this app after lockscreen for example.
*Searching for song should be easier, now you gotta use the ''-'' to find a song. Example: I want to find Hans Zimmer - Time, then I search for Hans Zimmer Time (without the ''-'') and it doesn't come up. I could search for only Hans Zimmer, but that would yield too many results at times.

Other than that, this is my main and favorite music player! Keep up the good work! :)

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I signed up. Add me if you any slots left. Thanks. ��

You've been added, and everyone else too who signed up on the site.

It works now! Thanks for really fast update! :)

Been testing this out a little bit now, and few improvements I can came up with as of now:

*Support for FlAC
*Faster app - I get the ''resuming'' a lot in this app after lockscreen for example.
*Searching for song should be easier, now you gotta use the ''-'' to find a song. Example: I want to find Hans Zimmer - Time, then I search for Hans Zimmer Time (without the ''-'') and it doesn't come up. I could search for only Hans Zimmer, but that would yield too many results at times.

Other than that, this is my main and favorite music player! Keep up the good work! :)

1. I'll add it to the to do list, though this might take a while longer.
  2. I hear ya, I find 8.1 is very aggressive in terms of when it is wants to suspend apps. The OS decides to terminate the app for whatever reason when it's in the background or under the lockscreen, there is no rhyme or reason to know why it was suspended but it does as it wishes. When the OS decides to terminate the app you only get so many seconds to save all of the data in the app to the device storage (no longer in RAM) (think songs, artists, albums, playlists, page states, etc) you want to be restored when the app is resumed. The resuming screen appears when the OS starts your app again and now you need to read everything from storage that was in your app right before it was suspended - doesn't matter if it was only under the lock screen - it got suspended the same way it does when you send it to the background for 1 min, 3 min, or 5 min. The more data that needs to be read from the storage the longer your app will show the resuming screen. There are things I could do to help improve the time taken to resume the app, but I have no control over the fact windows suspends it after being sent to the background for 30 seconds. Maybe this means I only save some of the data and load the rest when the UI is active again. It's something I'll look into and might take time.
  3. Try the new update, I've made the search a little more robust which should account for this.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You've been added, and everyone else too who signed up on the site.

[/LIST]

Thanks. 😊
I tried the app and its been pretty stable. I also like the design. Swipe animation on now playing page is amazing.
Now moving to bugs, I didn't find any noticable bugs. Also resuming screen is pretty irritating.
Some feature requests:
1. Themes support. 😊
2. Live Tile must show the album and not the logo after stopping the music.
3. This is my most requested feature and it's the only thing I miss from ios music player: See attached screenshot.
945bf92577ac9ef5b20bf983bc66507a.jpg

f37ab16dba47474a1413684190ad2d38.jpg

Thanks again for adding me to beta. 😄

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. ��
I tried the app and its been pretty stable. I also like the design. Swipe animation on now playing page is amazing.
Now moving to bugs, I didn't find any noticable bugs. Also resuming screen is pretty irritating.
Some feature requests:
1. Themes support. ��
2. Live Tile must show the album and not the logo after stopping the music.
3. This is my most requested feature and it's the only thing I miss from ios music player: See attached screenshot.

Thanks again for adding me to beta. ��

1. Can do.
2. Show the album name you mean? I am not sure what purpose showing the album name on the tile after the music ends does.
3. Sure, I can add - could you explain group by folder, I'm not sure I understand that one.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1. Can do.
2. Show the album name you mean? I am not sure what purpose showing the album name on the tile after the music ends does.
3. Sure, I can add - could you explain group by folder, I'm not sure I understand that one.

2. I mean Album Art. ModernMusic does this. Only logo don't look good.
3. I have 4 songs in an album with 4 different artists. When on album view, I want to group them based on album name but on artist view, I want to group them based on artist.
Currently, in album view, it shows 4 entries for a single album.

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
3. I have 4 songs in an album with 4 different artists. When on album view, I want to group them based on album name but on artist view, I want to group them based on artist.

Currently the album art remains on the tile after a song is played in my test but will revert to the app logo after the audio task has been killed by the OS after a period of inactivity (could be a few minutes in some cases).

It will likely be something the user can opt in for in the live tile settings, I like the idea of giving the option to show something else other than a static logo. I'll see if I can whip something up this weekend when I have time off.

Last edited:

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Currently the album art remains on the tile after a song is played in my test but will revert to the app logo after the audio task has been killed by the OS after a period of inactivity (could be a few minutes in some cases).

It will likely be something the user can opt in for in the live tile settings, I like the idea of giving the option to show something else other than a static logo. I'll see if I can whip something up this weekend when I have time off.

Thanks.
And what about that super important 3rd point?

m3tv

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm a Developer/UI Designer. U specialize more with UI of apps. I like what you've done but I was wondering if you'd be interested in working with me to redesign your app and make it even better!

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Thanks.
And what about that super important 3rd point?

I did not test the album grouping much so let me know of the bugs. You can choose to leave the last tracks title if you wish but I recommend library art option I've also added.

Yes, just the logo and a transparent background. Really love how you value our feedback.

Added transparent tile option :)

Added everyone else as well. I'm still working on other things people have requested, this is it for now though.

v1.3.0.1
- Fixed issue where tapping on album while scanning would not register tap to play the song
- Transparent Tile option
- Option to set tile behavior after music finishes (default Music Locker tile, last song tile, library album art [requires cache clear + one library rescan])
- Group albums by artist, album artist, album name

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I did not test the album grouping much so let me know of the bugs. You can choose to leave the last tracks title if you wish but I recommend library art option I've also added.

Album Grouping is not working even after fresh install. Also Live Tile is amazing now.
Thanks.

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I am grouping my albums based on album name and no, albums are not grouped at all.
I have 7 songs in an album with different artists and album artists and there are 7 entries in album view.

Maybe he also downloaded the songs from Nokia Mix Radio.

It should actually group it regardless of Album Artist or Artist so shouldn't matter of it's from Nokia Mix Radio.

I tested and had success with the albums I knew had songs with different artists but the same album name which were previously all separated. You said you did a full reinstall? A quick scan won't do it, you would need turn that off and do one full scan unless you did reinstall in which case quick scan shouldn't matter. You're sure the album names are exactly the same?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs