Music Locker Beta

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It should actually group it regardless of Album Artist or Artist so shouldn't matter of it's from Nokia Mix Radio.

I tested and had success with the albums I knew had songs with different artists but the same album name which were previously all separated. You said you did a full reinstall? A quick scan won't do it, you would need turn that off and do one full scan unless you did reinstall in which case quick scan shouldn't matter. You're sure the album names are exactly the same?

Yes. Album names are exactly the same. See the screenshot.
d925479d4ee4a986e86a80e3fb1d6467.png

Not a single album has been grouped.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, it's helpful. To confirm you have unchecked quick scan and then ran a scan on your device as well?

Apparently, I soft reset my phone and it's working now. Thanks.

Edit: Also the play/pause button of now playing bar is not right in landscape mode.

Last edited:

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I doesn't do that for me even though i have same Album Artist and same Album Name because my songs are from Nokia mix radio

Apparently, I soft reset my phone and it's working now. Thanks.

You need to uncheck 'quick scan' in the settings (just for one scan), make sure you have set it to group by album name in the settings and then scan device (if the music is on your device).

K_Arora5

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
You need to uncheck 'quick scan' in the settings (just for one scan), make sure you have set it to group by album name in the settings and then scan device (if the music is on your device).

I did what you said and now they are grouped Perfectly fine. Thanks.
The only problem is with the album arts now but again that is a mix radio thing.

Ostbiten

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
A little input coming here that bugs me :p

When I am playing my playlist and I am in the ''Now playing-screen'', I would really like to be able to tap either the name of the current song playing or the name of the coming up next song - to go to the queue. Now you have to navigate back to go there - which feels wrong. Also, when I got back to the queue, I want to be able to tap a song to play that one - and the list kinda shuffles again or something. Now nothing happens when I go to the queue and tap a song I want to play that's queued up 10 songs later.

Other than that, a bit faster and improved app over the time and I must say this fits my needs 100%. Really in love with this player. Beautiful, really functional when playing your own music collection which I am doing. Love the livetile now. Just keep it up dude!

Is this app going into Windows 10, or what's your plans for the future?

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
A little input coming here that bugs me :p

When I am playing my playlist and I am in the ''Now playing-screen'', I would really like to be able to tap either the name of the current song playing or the name of the coming up next song - to go to the queue. Now you have to navigate back to go there - which feels wrong. Also, when I got back to the queue, I want to be able to tap a song to play that one - and the list kinda shuffles again or something. Now nothing happens when I go to the queue and tap a song I want to play that's queued up 10 songs later.

Other than that, a bit faster and improved app over the time and I must say this fits my needs 100%. Really in love with this player. Beautiful, really functional when playing your own music collection which I am doing. Love the livetile now. Just keep it up dude!

Is this app going into Windows 10, or what's your plans for the future?

Thanks for the input, have been meaning to add that - the Up Next button is clickable for a reason. Added to newest version. Windows 10 for phones - yes, for tablets/pcs - possibly.

v1.3.0.6
- Faster startup
- Faster resume
- Minor changes to live tile
- Navigate directly to queue from Now Playing Page (tap 'Up Next' or the next track)
- Option to choose what happens when you tap on a song in the queue (do nothing, play next, play now)
- Landscape mode tweaks
- Other Bug Fixes

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
v1.3.0.7
- Fixed app crash when navigating to settings on a fresh install
- Fixed album art background on Album/Artist page
- Fix playlist popup issues on main page
- Fix playlist add track to queue
- Fix certain crash on now playing page and scanning page for OneDrive items where images fail to load
- Fix slow select all on song/queue lists
- Add ability to sort playlists based on track properties
- Add shuffle/play all to now playing page and playlist page (same as main page, tap and hold play button)
- Add remaining download count on download page

Added everyone too.

Last edited:

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
v1.3.0.9
- Last.fm scrobbling integration

Added everyone, again appreciate the feedback - most of the features that are added are user requested :)

Cheers.

kefkekeyser

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Can you implement ReplayGain?
All of my files have ReplayGain tags. I use foobar2000 on my laptop and this player uses the ReplayGain tags to keep a consistent volume between different albums. I tried a lot of WP music apps, but didn't find any that implement ReplayGain. A decent music player app for WP 8.1 that implements ReplayGain would be an instant buy for me.

I also tried Spotify: this app adjust the background color to the album art, which is a nice feature. Could you implement the same on your app (not really a show stopper if it's not possible, just some nice extra eye candy)?

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Can you implement ReplayGain?
All of my files have ReplayGain tags. I use foobar2000 on my laptop and this player uses the ReplayGain tags to keep a consistent volume between different albums. I tried a lot of WP music apps, but didn't find any that implement ReplayGain. A decent music player app for WP 8.1 that implements ReplayGain would be an instant buy for me.

I also tried Spotify: this app adjust the background color to the album art, which is a nice feature. Could you implement the same on your app (not really a show stopper if it's not possible, just some nice extra eye candy)?

Yeah! Adjustment of app color based on album art would be nice.
Noiz does this perfectly.

Definitely something I'll look into, probably not right away but at some point. I've added it to my to do list.

kefkekeyser

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Two little details that anyones me:

You put text on the album cover (the artist name). Can I disable that?

Some of the UI is hidden under the normal windows buttons (the back and the home button). I have to slide this window buttons away to get a complete view af the line where it shows me what's playing. Don't know if it's possible to make this dynamic: move it up if the normal windows menu is at the button and let it use the full screen if hide the windows menu.

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Two little details that anyones me:

You put text on the album cover (the artist name). Can I disable that?

Some of the UI is hidden under the normal windows buttons (the back and the home button). I have to slide this window buttons away to get a complete view af the line where it shows me what's playing. Don't know if it's possible to make this dynamic: move it up if the normal windows menu is at the button and let it use the full screen if hide the windows menu.

1. Yep, just go to live tile in the settings and disable it there. "display artist over album image", it will require one library rescan to regenerate the cached art.

2. Are you saying the UI is hidden under the windows controls if you're using a device without hardware keys? I've never actually tested it on a device with soft keys, can you show me a screenshot and I'll look into it.

kefkekeyser

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
1. Yep, just go to live tile in the settings and disable it there. "display artist over album image", it will require one library rescan to regenerate the cached art.

Ok, that worked.

2. Are you saying the UI is hidden under the windows controls if you're using a device without hardware keys? I've never actually tested it on a device with soft keys, can you show me a screenshot and I'll look into it.

Yes. Here is the screenshot: the onscreen menu blocks the part where it shows what’s playing:

wp_ss_20150325_0001.png

The Dutch translation is also inconsistent:

The bottom shows ‘Nummers Artiesten Albums Gernes’, which is fine, but as you can see in the screenshot above: it shows ‘2 Brothers on the 4th Floor 1 BIJHOUDEN’. This should read ‘1 NUMMER’.

A bit lower: ‘2 Fabiola 3 TRACKS’, which is fine, but you call TRACKS NUMMERS at the bottom, so I would change this to ‘2 Fabiola 3 NUMMERS’.

And in the settings, there is a ‘group album by’. It lets me shoose between ‘artiest, artiest and albumnaam’. I suppose one of those two artiest should we album artiest.

Last edited:

kefkekeyser

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Some ideas that might be nice extra’s:
Keep a history of the tracks that I’ve played and use this to create ‘smart playlists’:
Smart shuffle: playlist of random songs that you did not listen to the last x days/weeks/…
Album of the day: select a random album from the albums with the songs with the lowest play count
Least/most played tracks
Least/most played genres

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Some ideas that might be nice extra’s:
Keep a history of the tracks that I’ve played and use this to create ‘smart playlists’:
Smart shuffle: playlist of random songs that you did not listen to the last x days/weeks/…
Album of the day: select a random album from the albums with the songs with the lowest play count
Least/most played tracks
Least/most played genres

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into these in the future.

As for the Dutch translation, if you'd like to translate it (as Dutch is one of the ones that is machine generated) I can send you the file and all you have to do is open it up with the translation editor I'll send as well and then ship it back to me. PM me your email, if you can help with this.

In the english version there is the using of 'Songs' where you see 'Nummers' and Track and Tracks for Bijhouden and Tracks, obviously the translator didn't do a great job here. If you translate yourself you can decide if you'd like them the same when you come across songs and tracks and make the translation the same.

And in the settings, there is a ‘group album by’. It lets me shoose between ‘artiest, artiest and albumnaam’. I suppose one of those two artiest should we album artiest.

Correct again. This is likely a result of poor machine translation for the Dutch language. If you'd like to translate this, it can be fixed.

v1.4.0.1
- Bug Fixes
- Duration of playlists
- Probably some other stuff I can't remember :)
- <3 (favorites)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99