Music Locker Beta

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone have issues with the update from yesterday? Or the update today.

I've received a couple of reports, but I'm curious how many it's actually affected.

semen miheenok

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I have Lumia 1020, WP 8.1 Cyan.
After yesterday update app starts crashing at the start up.
Today I update to 1.4.0.3, but it doesn't stop crashes.
Start screen appears for a second or two and then app closes.

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
- Fixed startup crash :cool:

Sorry guys, made a small typo related to language translation, 1 character off. I think it should be all good now :wink:

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately I have had a hard drive failure and lost all of my personal data including the project source code for Music Locker, I'm afraid I won't be able to update the app any more unless I were to re-write it from scratch which would take months. I'm very sorry, hope you all enjoyed Music Locker.

Ostbiten

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I have had a hard drive failure and lost all of my personal data including the project source code for Music Locker, I'm afraid I won't be able to update the app any more unless I were to re-write it from scratch which would take months. I'm very sorry, hope you all enjoyed Music Locker.

Oh, that's really sad....

Will it still be available to be used as it is?

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Can you implement ReplayGain?
All of my files have ReplayGain tags. I use foobar2000 on my laptop and this player uses the ReplayGain tags to keep a consistent volume between different albums. I tried a lot of WP music apps, but didn't find any that implement ReplayGain. A decent music player app for WP 8.1 that implements ReplayGain would be an instant buy for me.

I also tried Spotify: this app adjust the background color to the album art, which is a nice feature. Could you implement the same on your app (not really a show stopper if it's not possible, just some nice extra eye candy)?

Yeah! Adjustment of app color based on album art would be nice.
Noiz does this perfectly.

v1.4.0.7
- Added more info option for songs to display file/music properties
- Added option to match theme to the colour of the current songs album art
- Some bug fixes

reznorek

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Your application is unusable, specifically settings. There is no option to change language to English and menu translation into Polish is tragic. Despite my best intentions I can not figure out what means most of the options even though they are the "Polish".

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Your application is unusable, specifically settings. There is no option to change language to English and menu translation into Polish is tragic. Despite my best intentions I can not figure out what means most of the options even though they are the "Polish".

Hi Reznorek,

Terribly sorry that there are issues with the Polish translation, the application uses the phone language and is not selectable. Would you be able to help me translate the app to Polish correctly? All it would require is me sending you the translation file and you opening it and using a tool to update the strings with the correct translations based on the english version which is also provided side by side. Anyways let me know.

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

BigwaveMx

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Here is my feedback:

Device: Lumia 1020
FW: 3051.50009.1424.0002 (CYAN)
Language: Spanish

First of all, I'm really excited with this app. The UI is really nice. I can't wait for the XBox Music integration.

Here is my feedback:

My phone have 3000+ songs and it was tagged using MP3Tag. The install process is really fast. Once I launched, I skip the Onedrive integration. Then the app begun to index the music. The process was just fine until my phone ran out of space. Before the index process I had more than 500 Mb of free space and now my phone have 200 MB of free storage space. Reviewing the space and the data used by the app in the storage sensor, the data of the app is consuming more than 300 Mb. Why is using all those MB? Is this amount of data normal? for example Xbox Music is using 134 MB and VLC use only 73.82 MB.

I hope you can improve the indexing process just to use less storage data.

I got some UI suggestions:

in the analize tab (in settings), the button says "analizando tu dispositivo" I think "analizar tu dispositivo" is better.

in he same tab, the cache button says "borrar el cache" and i think "borrar cache" fits better.

In the tab UI, the button says "seleccione un fondo" and I think "cambiar fondo" fits better.

In the same tab UI, the button says "regresar a los ajust.." (not showing complete), "por defecto" fits better.

in the live tile tab, the tiny labels "mostrar el nombre del artista..." and "mostrar cancion que se est?...." are not showing complete. Please increase the the long size.

In the same live tile tab, the label "cuando finalice la canci?n" can be changed by "al finalizar la reproducci?n"

in the same live tile tab, some list elements are not showing complete. Here are some suggestions about it.

a)The list member "muestra en el tiile las ultimas canciones" can be changed by "mostrar en tile canciones reproducidas"
b)The list member "muestra en el tile las car?tulas de los albumes..." is too long. Fits better "mostrar albums reproducidos"

In the main form, the "playlist" label in spanish says "lista de reproducci?n actal" must say "lista de reproducci?n actual" (missing letter)

Hope this help you to improve your app.

EDIT: An option to share the song or the album you're listening by FB or TW would be nice.

EDIT2: Scrobbling work for a while. After some tracks, stop working.

Last edited:

therealcraig

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Here is my feedback:

Device: Lumia 1020
FW: 3051.50009.1424.0002 (CYAN)
Language: Spanish

First of all, I'm really excited with this app. The UI is really nice. I can't wait for the XBox Music integration.

Here is my feedback:

My phone have 3000+ songs and it was tagged using MP3Tag. The install process is really fast. Once I launched, I skip the Onedrive integration. Then the app begun to index the music. The process was just fine until my phone ran out of space. Before the index process I had more than 500 Mb of free space and now my phone have 200 MB of free storage space. Reviewing the space and the data used by the app in the storage sensor, the data of the app is consuming more than 300 Mb. Why is using all those MB? Is this amount of data normal? for example Xbox Music is using 134 MB and VLC use only 73.82 MB.

I hope you can improve the indexing process just to use less storage data.

I got some UI suggestions:

in the analize tab (in settings), the button says "analizando tu dispositivo" I think "analizar tu dispositivo" is better.

in he same tab, the cache button says "borrar el cache" and i think "borrar cache" fits better.

In the tab UI, the button says "seleccione un fondo" and I think "cambiar fondo" fits better.

In the same tab UI, the button says "regresar a los ajust.." (not showing complete), "por defecto" fits better.

in the live tile tab, the tiny labels "mostrar el nombre del artista..." and "mostrar cancion que se est?...." are not showing complete. Please increase the the long size.

In the same live tile tab, the label "cuando finalice la canci?n" can be changed by "al finalizar la reproducci?n"

in the same live tile tab, some list elements are not showing complete. Here are some suggestions about it.

a)The list member "muestra en el tiile las ultimas canciones" can be changed by "mostrar en tile canciones reproducidas"
b)The list member "muestra en el tile las car?tulas de los albumes..." is too long. Fits better "mostrar albums reproducidos"

In the main form, the "playlist" label in spanish says "lista de reproducci?n actal" must say "lista de reproducci?n actual" (missing letter)

Hope this help you to improve your app.

EDIT: An option to share the song or the album you're listening by FB or TW would be nice.

EDIT2: Scrobbling work for a while. After some tracks, stop working.

Thanks for the feedback. Are you using the Beta? The app is already released public and some of these things are fixed in it. If the translation is poor for your language you can help me to translate the app for your language - I'll need to send you some files, contact me using the about page in the official app. Thank you!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/app-spotlight/353087-music-locker.html#post3072515

BigwaveMx

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. Are you using the Beta? The app is already released public and some of these things are fixed in it. If the translation is poor for your language you can help me to translate the app for your language - I'll need to send you some files, contact me using the about page in the official app. Thank you!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/app-spotlight/353087-music-locker.html#post3072515

I'm using the last version available at Windows Store. I'll be in touch. Yesterday, I noticed another error: When I'm using the random play, after play some songs, the next song can't be played. The media controls show that the song is playing but isn't, then, when I pass to the next song, the playlist skips 4 or 5 songs before to start to play the next song. This thing happened at least 3 times.

If you need more info about it, just let me know.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad