Want Developer Unlock for Free? Here's How!

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if anyone posted this, so I will go along and do it.

There is a way to get it for free for a year. You have to be a college student (or possibly, just the email address)

Go to https://www.dreamspark.com/

Microsoft DreamSpark is an initiative to provide students with free tools to develop applications. What does this include? Developing for Windows Phone along with a free Developer Unlock option.

Unfortunately, you must submit your App first to have your developer unlock verified, which is unfortunate considering that you won't have an actual device to test it on until you have recieved the developer unlock.

DreamSpark also has a slew of other things you can learn, like Microsoft Certification Training, Virtual PC, XNA Game Studio, SQL, and tons more!

It's fantastic to have all these tools at your disposal, so if you have a compatible college email address, get cracking and sign up!

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you know how long it takes Microsoft to e-mail you?

I got my activation immediately. I don't know about how fast it will be to get the developer unlock because you have to submit an app first, and that is the question at hand on how fast they will approve it.

But everything else is immediate. As soon as I signed up with DreamSpark I got the activation confirmation email the second after i pressed submit (ironically on my Windows Phone).

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I sent it to my schools e-mail and still haven't gotten one. I will wait a bit longer though before I contact anyone.

PolarisBears

Oct 7, 2011
www.facebook.com
I tried to do this, but my school doesn't offer .edu addresses, and when I emailed them, I got a really generic response telling me to checkout their forums, which didn't have any help.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Ultra sorry for the old-thread bumping ><;

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, my phone has been developer unlocked and I haven't started development yet. That is going to come in the new year. But how long does the developer unlock last for?

RogueCode

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, my phone has been developer unlocked and I haven't started development yet. That is going to come in the new year. But how long does the developer unlock last for?
I assume getting an account this way is the same as if you were paying for it - so it will last for a year from activation.

For those who don't know, you can unlock you device by installing the 7.1 SDK tools then click Start -> All Programs -> Windows phone 7.1 SDK -> Windows Phone Developer Registration. Login with your apphub account there to unlock your phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa