HELP! I desperately need a WP7 reminder app for missed calls/sms!

BWB8771

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I cannot believe no one has developed a reminder app for Windows Phone 7!

Not everyone wants to wear their phone on them at all times. For example, if I want to leave it on the counter, end table, charger, or go mow the lawn, it would be nice to have a reminder chirp and/or vibration let me know that I'd missed something.

And, I supposed my phone would appreciate not having the power/wake button exercised so frequently when I check for missed items. Yes, I'm frequently in environments that make it easy to miss a single audible and/or vibration alert.

Please tell me this app already exists and that I've overlooked it! =)

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't really think it is possible, at least yet. How the OS works and what devs have access to, etc prevents an app like this from being made.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If you use WinMilk, which syncs with Internet based Remember The Milk, you can tell RTM to send you a Text Message or EMail X minutes before the task is due. So if you set it for 30 minutes, you get a text 30 minutes ahead of the due time. But all reminders will be the same time interval. You can also have it send you a text every morning letting you know which tasks are due that day in addition to the individual reminders. Once you set things up on RTM with your PC, you never really go back there. Just schedule tasks from WinMilk on you phone and the reminders will be auto generated. So check you texts and you see the reminders. All the others I have looked at are Toasts which dissapear in a few seconds.

An alternative is Clever Tasks which has a live tile showing you the next three tasks due. Nice reminder but no alerts. There is also Smart Tile which lets you add 4 lines of stuff as reminders. I use all three. Everything is free except Clever Tasks.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

BWB8771

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
@jimski - it seems I wasn't descriptive enough. I'm looking for something that will cause my phone to chirp/vibrate every X minutes if I have a missed call or unread SMS/E-mail, etc. So, the "reminders" I'm seeking are ones to remind me of items that might need my attention.

@Dusteater - I fear you are correct. Although, I don't feel so bad for the WP7 community because a very tech-savvy friend of mine could only find one, possibly two, apps on iTunes for the iPhone! Since the live tiles already indicate numbers of missed calls or unread items, I sure hope MS makes that info available to non-MS programmers.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
@jimski - it seems I wasn't descriptive enough. I'm looking for something that will cause my phone to chirp/vibrate every X minutes if I have a missed call or unread SMS/E-mail, etc. So, the "reminders" I'm seeking are ones to remind me of items that might need my attention.
I sort of understood that but figured I would throw out some less than perfect alternatives. My guess is this will not be a part of Mango, but I could be wrong. Think WPs focus will remain with the descriptive lock screen.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jeffa00

Dec 2, 2010
galacticbeacon.com
I don't really think it is possible, at least yet. How the OS works and what devs have access to, etc prevents an app like this from being made.

Definitely true for now.

Based on the presentations I've seen from MS about the Mango release, it looks like at least part of the problem will be addressed.

Currently there is no form of multitasking available to "normal" developers (MS themselves can multitask) in order to save battery. With the Mango release devs will be able to set up "background" processes. Basically the phone will wake up the background process on a set schedule and let it do something. That would address the first problem.

The second problem is API access to the information about calls, messages, etc. That I haven't seen mentioned. I know some APIs will open up, but I'm not sure about those.

rj25725

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Agree...I too am also looking for an app like this. I am on call 24x7 and having a notification chirp if I miss a call or text is a life saver...especially overnight when sleeping. I just came over from Android and there was a great app called "Flash Notify" that was perfect. I really like WP7, but without a function or app like this, I don't think I can reliably use it. Here's hoping Mango brings this functionality!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I am 95% sure that this is not possible to do, even in Mango. Sorry to burst your bubble. As jeffa00 said, the scheduled background tasks are there, but still no access to things like missed calls.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs