Who all will get Mango Beta...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I think I read somewhere that only "serious" devs would get it. I took that as... those who just paid $99 to get dev-unlocked aren't getting it.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I also saw that. I wonder what's the process of filtering out "serious" devs. Maybe I'm serious, but suck at it it, and haven't produced anything yet.
I think I read somewhere that only "serious" devs would get it. I took that as... those who just paid $99 to get dev-unlocked aren't getting it.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I thought the serious dev comment had to do with handing out Mango dev phones, not releasing a beta.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm too lazy to pull up the tweet, but "serious" devs release apps and reach out to Microsoft; part of which I'm assuming means being active in their local MS dev groups. And yeah, it has to do with handing out Mango dev hardware. I haven't seen anything pertaining to releasing a beta. Pity; I'd get a second Focus just to try it.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They must gonna hand out Focus' preloaded with mango, its the only phone i see with it. . From Engadget, pcnow, CNET... They all using a Samsung focus.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Got my invite today. No app development yet for me, so don't think I fall into the "serious" category.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I paid the dev fee, how do I register my device. I can't figure it out lol, im downloading the dev tools now. Hoping I might get an email soon about mango

Sent from my htc trophy using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I paid the dev fee, how do I register my device. I can't figure it out lol, im downloading the dev tools now. Hoping I might get an email soon about mango

Once installed, look for Windows Phone Developer Tools/Windows Phone Developer Registration. Have your phone plugged in first. Enter your Live ID and the cert will get loaded onto your device.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey jimski, do I have to be validated by that geo company before it lets me register my device?

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Did it really?? Keeps telling me to enter my live id and pass and it keeps giving me an error. Crap

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm jealous! I wonder how it works... suppose I find someone who will add me to their dev account (I'll even pay), would they need my phone or could I do everything at home?

P.S. if this is possible, I'll put in $$$ for a spot with anyone.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If you have a previous unlocked phone, you don't need a dev account. It never once asked for my dev info. Go figure.
I'm jealous! I wonder how it works... suppose I find someone who will add me to their dev account (I'll even pay), would they need my phone or could I do everything at home?

P.S. if this is possible, I'll put in $$$ for a spot with anyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon