Woo Even More Mango

jashah17

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
hmm i was hoping to see specific people's twitter and linkedin status updates on thier "what's new" tab in their contact, but so far it's just facebook

i see the twitter and linkedin updates in the what's new tab of the people hub however...it's actually very cluttered now with all my twitter updates
There is a way to do this i found it just tapping around.

Under whats new under people or the group is line that says all accounts. (its colored with the theme). If you tap that then it opens up a filter menu. You can then filter which type of item you want to see.

My only complaint with this update so far is there is no battery warning. I was on the phone for about 45 minutes and my phone didn't give me any warning sounds or anything at all. It just shut off. I don't know if this has something to do with the battery saver being on. It was really kind of annoying because I hadn't realized my battery was so low.

Other then that I like the update. I am not a twitter user and I have never used linkedin so this update didn't add to much for me. I am still waiting for custom ringtones.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have never used the Battery Saver feature, but I do still get the 'Battery Is Critically Low' warning as normal in build 7712 of Mango.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There have always been battery warnings. Custom ringtones was a part of the first mango beta. WPC did a how to article.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

snow4558

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had my phone shut off before in the middle of a call too with no warning sound, very annoying. This was on Trophy running NoDo.

Another thing I just noticed was that when unlocking the phone, the clock now takes about 0.5 seconds to appear on the lock screen when it used to be instant.

AbsoluteZero

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Quick Question

Do you guys recommend wating for next windows7 phone from sprint, or will the mango update on the Arrive suffice? The lack of a front facing camera isn't a deal breaker. My contract is up in two months and i'm trying to do ample research before 'pulling tha trigger'.

Sogeman

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
There is a way to do this i found it just tapping around.

Under whats new under people or the group is line that says all accounts. (its colored with the theme). If you tap that then it opens up a filter menu. You can then filter which type of item you want to see.

My only complaint with this update so far is there is no battery warning. I was on the phone for about 45 minutes and my phone didn't give me any warning sounds or anything at all. It just shut off. I don't know if this has something to do with the battery saver being on. It was really kind of annoying because I hadn't realized my battery was so low.

Other then that I like the update. I am not a twitter user and I have never used linkedin so this update didn't add to much for me. I am still waiting for custom ringtones.

Custom Ringtones have been in since the Beta started. Change the genre of a file that's under 39 seconds and 1mb to Ringtone and then sync it to the phone. You can then choose it as ringtone.

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hm...I definitely don't like Emoticons(I prefer text smilies).

Hope I can turn them off D:

The emoticons are sent in "text" form to who ever you're texting, unless their phone converts them to emoticons. Just incase you were worried about that.

Anyways, I personally like them, they're not outrageous and yellow like normal emoticons. They flow with the text.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
The emoticons are sent in "text" form to who ever you're texting, unless their phone converts them to emoticons. Just incase you were worried about that.

Anyways, I personally like them, they're not outrageous and yellow like normal emoticons. They flow with the text.

Oh yeah I know, but I just prefer looking at the text smilies myself. I haven't even seen them yet. I may like them, but I commented out the code in WebOS when they added it in WebOS 1.1.0.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It's a Mango addition 1jaxstate1. They were just static before, and they are smaller than they previously were too, to allow for their wiggling i guess. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs