7712 and Twitter

maddentist

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm note sure that this post belongs in the dev thread however, only devs are supposed to get Mango right ?

My problem is that I can't see my twitter contacts in the contact list of the people hub. I double checked that the Twitter account is enabled in the filter parameters of the contact list. I'd like to have tweets from my contact showing in their card like their Facebook posts.

Anyone encountering the same problem here ?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I don't think it adds twitter contacts because they don't have phone numbers or even names. Most are listed as just a user name. I don't think I would like that added to my contacts. Maybe they should consider offering it as an option.

maddentist

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it adds twitter contacts because they don't have phone numbers or even names. Most are listed as just a user name. I don't think I would like that added to my contacts. Maybe they should consider offering it as an option.

You're right. However it would me nice to link the twitter of your friends to their contact card to see their tweet in the "What's new" pivot along with their FB posts and the likes.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping this is wrong, though at this point I still don't have my linkedin or twitter contacts in my people hub, so it's probably correct. I know it will bring your facebook contacts in, and not all those have emails or phone numbers either, so maybe there's hope.

We really need this contact integration, because without out it the what's new feed in my people hub is ridiculously cluttered

edit: actually, i'm sure twitter contacts will integrate into your phone, because when you "filter your contact list" one of the options is twitter contacts

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Not really sure what you're asking. The what's new in the people hub can be filtered, so it's only as cluttered as you want. I check each account separately. It's either my twitter feed or my FB feed. You can choose not to have your facebook people added to your contacts, the same with twitter.
I'm hoping this is wrong, though at this point I still don't have my linkedin or twitter contacts in my people hub, so it's probably correct. I know it will bring your facebook contacts in, and not all those have emails or phone numbers either, so maybe there's hope.

We really need this contact integration, because without out it the what's new feed in my people hub is ridiculously cluttered

edit: actually, i'm sure twitter contacts will integrate into your phone, because when you "filter your contact list" one of the options is twitter contacts

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The question is whether twitter contacts are showing up on your phone.
If they were, you could link them to your current contacts, delete the "follow only" twitter contacts, check the "only show posts from people visible in my contact list" and have a semi-clean "all accounts" what's new. In addition, you could see twitter updates (and linkedin updates if they would show up) on the people card like you can facebook updates, as well as group updates.

As of right now, neither my twitter or my linkedin contacts are showing up on my phone.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Nope, they don't show up in the contacts.
The question is whether twitter contacts are showing up on your phone.
If they were, you could link them to your current contacts, delete the "follow only" twitter contacts, check the "only show posts from people visible in my contact list" and have a semi-clean "all accounts" what's new. In addition, you could see twitter updates (and linkedin updates if they would show up) on the people card like you can facebook updates, as well as group updates.

As of right now, neither my twitter or my linkedin contacts are showing up on my phone.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm note sure that this post belongs in the dev thread however, only devs are supposed to get Mango right ?

My problem is that I can't see my twitter contacts in the contact list of the people hub. I double checked that the Twitter account is enabled in the filter parameters of the contact list. I'd like to have tweets from my contact showing in their card like their Facebook posts.

Anyone encountering the same problem here ?

Retweeted by wpcentral yesterday
WithinRafael

Curious why Twitter isn't integrated with #wp7 Contacts? Blame Twitter. (It's against their ToS/AUP)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
well, I decided to bite the bullet and reset my phone; the result: linkedin and twitter contacts are loading as we speak ;)

Interesting, I didn't have to reconfigure either account, probably because they are linked with windows live...

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
well, I decided to bite the bullet and reset my phone; the result: linkedin and twitter contacts are loading as we speak ;)

Interesting, I didn't have to reconfigure either account, probably because they are linked with windows live...

Just ran across this from pocketnow (Windows Phone Mango Beta 2 Social Integration Demo (Video)) going from NoDo to Mango no issues, Beta to Beta 2 a hard reset might be needed.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You can do one of 2 things.

Restore back to NoDo and then directly to Beta 2 (7712)

...or...

Perform a hard reset on 7712 to get it to work.

I restored back to NoDo, then right to the Beta 2 7712 build, and Twitter linking worked perfectly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers