I have to replace my Arrive it has Mango installed now what?!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
My speaker on my Arrive fried again and the guy at Sprint can't get one of the screws out to replace it so now I am getting a free replacement. This is my developer unlocked Mango installed device so what happens now? I know I need to restore it with my original file before I turn it in to Sprint but then what? Can I install Mango on my new Arrive? I know I can only have one Mango device but how will Microsoft know that my old Arrive no longer has Mango on it? Will it be that all I have to do is just install Mango on the new device and everything will work fine? Has anyone gone through anything like this?

TIA,
Dave

Loxias

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Technically it'll only matter if you bork two phones while installing Mango. MS will support one that has problems so you swapping phones shouldn't be an issue.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I did they had to order me a new Arrive I can pick it up on Wednesday I just want to make sure I can get Mango on the new one.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
MS doesn't care how many phones you install Mango on. A friend of mine and I share a single AppHub subscription and we both have Mango installed, no problems.

The only problem with doing that is that MS has said they will only provide support for 1 phone per account if Mango somehow bricks your phone. As long as your old phone wasn't bricked and you never asked MS for support, you should be fine.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
That's great news guys I get it now. I just restored NoDo to my old Arrive now I have to use it that way for the next 24 hours or so till my new Arrive is in for pickup. Then its time to update the new one to get my Mango back

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft do care how many phones you have it on, its limited to 1 if I remember correctly. But I am not sure if that is a legal limit, or a hard limit in the activation. I would just try it and it may work, failing that let MS know about your predicament and im sure they will sort it out. Failing that, get on Brandon Watson's case, he is always helpful ;)

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft do care how many phones you have it on, its limited to 1 if I remember correctly. But I am not sure if that is a legal limit, or a hard limit in the activation. I would just try it and it may work, failing that let MS know about your predicament and im sure they will sort it out. Failing that, get on Brandon Watson's case, he is always helpful ;)
The limit of 1 is for support, not installation. MS will only provide support for 1 phone that is bricked or has other issues from installing Mango. You can install it on as many phones as you need. Straight from Brandon Watson:

Twitter

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Got to the sprint store and the tech hands me my new referb I go out to my truck to leave but wait. The referb has a jacked up power button it barely works and the case around it is not properly seated. I head back in to the store show the tech and he gives me a brand new in the box Arrive with all the accessories and apologizes for the trouble. Way to go Sprint! Anyways I am home now and I already have Mango installed. I am loading all of my music, pictures, apps, and everything else now. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb