08-17-2011 08:57 PM
58 123
tools
    By the way, how do mobile sites such as m.bing.com look on your browser. It looks horrible on my phone. It wont go to the html5 version of the site. I even tried m.google.com and it looks bad.
    To be honest, I haven't looked at mobile site presentation in IE9 as I tend to use the desktop site ability.... As soon as I've done a fresh install of 7720, I'll have a look and report back ;)
    08-13-2011 06:36 AM
    To be honest, I haven't looked at mobile site presentation in IE9 as I tend to use the desktop site ability.... As soon as I've done a fresh install of 7720, I'll have a look and report back ;)
    Thanks!
    08-13-2011 06:41 AM
    Got 7720 running on my HTC Arrive last night. Seems smooth so far, fixed a couple of the glitches I had been experiencing in the betas. Happy camper here.
    08-13-2011 08:53 AM
    Got 7720 running on my HTC Arrive last night. Seems smooth so far, fixed a couple of the glitches I had been experiencing in the betas. Happy camper here.
    I think there will be a few Happy Campers Slick5150, even if they have to be patient enough to wait for the official Mango release.

It's superb. :)
    08-13-2011 08:58 AM
    ok thats it... i cant wait anymore... i am going to do it. i am still on nodo, never did flash 7712... that being said i have never meesed with this OS and have no idea how to make back ups ect... i am very familiar with the process as i had several android phones all rooted and flashed several different custom roms... so that being said , is there a walkthrough for noobs on how to do this?

please advise
    08-13-2011 09:50 AM
    Dizzy, just use the walkthrough that was linked on the homepage.... Pretty much straight forward with regards to backups etc etc.....
    The pack you have to download contains the latest Zune and the latest connection tools; so if you read and do everything correctly you'll have it done within a few hours :)
    08-13-2011 10:28 AM
    thanks i have been reading that but i have some questions...
    08-13-2011 10:30 AM
    Mobile Bing looks great on my phone. Smooth as glass. HTC Arrive.
    08-13-2011 05:32 PM
    Mobile Bing looks great on my phone. Smooth as glass. HTC Arrive.
    Interesting. It must be my phone then. I will try to reinstall the update and see if that works.
    08-13-2011 06:57 PM
    I updated. I'm just testing it out now and can say that it is a much needed step in the right direction. Hopefully we get some more quality apps by Christmas.
    08-13-2011 07:42 PM
    I updated. I'm just testing it out now and can say that it is a much needed step in the right direction. Hopefully we get some more quality apps by Christmas.
    Much sooner than that please sdchris! :)
    08-14-2011 03:30 AM
    Thanks!
    Win_splash, the html5 mobile pages run perfect on mine.... Tried google, bing and xbox and they all render better with html5 ;)
    08-14-2011 05:07 AM
    Did my Omnia 7 in the early hours of this morning. The improvements to Internet explorer are worth it alone. Looking forward to the release of applications that can take advantage of Mango.

Kudos to MS.
    08-14-2011 11:00 AM
    bit of a noob question but what should the m.google.com and m.bing.com site look like if rendered in html 5? Google at least just looked like a list of areas to go to nothing fancy. Ive just updated to 7220 on HTC HD7
    08-15-2011 05:25 AM
    bit of a noob question but what should the m.google.com and m.bing.com site look like if rendered in html 5? Google at least just looked like a list of areas to go to nothing fancy. Ive just updated to 7220 on HTC HD7
    The mobile version of Bing should have links on the bottom left of the background picture rather than just a page full of basic links swanny78. You can also set your location at the top. Maps & Directions are quite fancy too. :)

(Make sure you have IE settings set to show Mobile Version) or you won't see an improved mobile Bing.
    08-15-2011 05:59 AM
    ok looks like mine is html5 then as I have the picture and it bottom left links to "explore" "maps" "directions" weather and favorites.
    08-15-2011 06:46 AM
    ok looks like mine is html5 then as I have the picture and it bottom left links to "explore" "maps" "directions" weather and favorites.
    That's good, no biggie really, but still good :)
    08-15-2011 07:31 AM
    This brings to mind how it would be nice if you could set your preference for mobile vs desktop by site instead of for everything. I prefer the desktop version in general but some sites like Bing have great mobile versions that work a lot better on the phone. It would be great if you could manually set the mobile version for certain sites only.
    08-15-2011 08:53 AM
    I assume that we dont know need to downgrade to NODO to get the "official" release of Mango later in the year as we were told to with the developer beta, and we will get the official update as and when its pushed over Zune.

Also noticed that the colour banding issue does not exist with 7220 on HTC HD7.... :-)
    08-15-2011 08:55 AM
    I assume that we dont know need to downgrade to NODO to get the "official" release of Mango later in the year as we were told to with the developer beta, and we will get the official update as and when its pushed over Zune.

Also noticed that the colour banding issue does not exist with 7220 on HTC HD7.... :-)
    I believe to get the official carrier release of Mango ending in 7720.500 rather than our 7720.68 we will have to revert to NoDo. (If we want it that is) :)

IE9 in Mango now supports more colours so rendering of gradients is greatly improved as you have found, banding problems are now greatly reduced. Always most welcome, things looking nicer. :)
    08-15-2011 08:59 AM
    I tried going up to 7720 from 7390 on my Focus. There were a few bumps in the process and some timeouts in going from 7712 to 7720. I had to factory reset the phone and revert to Nodo and start over before it went through. I noticed that on both 7712 and 7720 a lot of the built-in apps and configurations would not work. They either wouldn't start when pressed or attempt to start then flash back to the home page.

The apps that gave problems were: messaging, people, mail and the trying to attempt to set up the settings on any of those. I went back to Nodo since it was near midnight and I need to be available by phone during the week. Will keep watching the boards to see if there are any fixes for what I experienced but so far I don't see anyone else having the same issues.

From what I saw with the UI and feature set in Mango. MS has lightning in a bottle there. I'm definitely going to keep trying to get my device upgraded.
    fpostrow likes this.
    08-15-2011 11:44 AM
    cm103 thanks for trying but the source of your issues may be in that 7392 is required to start the leaked process to 7720, according to the install doc. It sounds like all of us stuck on focus 1.3 7390 should wait this one out.
    08-15-2011 12:03 PM
    I tried updating with a version 1.4 Focus, got 7403 installed no problem. But when I try to update to 7712 I get error code 80004005. Tried a few times and gave up for today, maybe i'll try again later.
    08-15-2011 04:38 PM
    I updated my T-Mobile HD7 to the 7720 RTM as well. It seems pretty nice. It's also a little disappointing because now I can check my e-mail, and all my social media stuff so much more quickly than I can on my Android phone that it feels like I spend less time playing with my Windows Phone.

Also for anyone who has a T-Mobile HD7 that got the update notification after updating to 7720 can you list your Firmware, and Radio versions? I haven't seen an HTC update, but I'm wondering if it was the update that came out a few weeks ago and most people were on the Mango beta and just not seeing it. I had not been on the Mango beta, just stuck with NoDo until this came out.
    08-15-2011 04:58 PM
    Holy crap was I wrong. It took a little over an hour, probably 1.25 hours. Went smoother than silk starting with my Focus 1.3 starting with 7390. Keys points that I used: remove all music and photos/videos first. Execute from Admin command prompt and be patient. Wow. Just wow.
    08-15-2011 05:09 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD