08-17-2011 08:57 PM
58 123
tools
    Is the bug with bing still there? In both beta 1 and 2 when I launched bing while music was playing the music would skip on my trophy
    08-15-2011 06:40 PM
    One quick note if anyone is running the ISVTo7720 batch file and getting errors that you can't read because the window closes. Make a copy of that file in the same folder. Now, right click on the ISVTo7720.bat file and click Edit. Go to the bottom of the file, hit enter to start a new line, and type "pause" (minus quotes). This will run through the update process, and at the end pause for you to press a key before the window closes. It'll do this whether the update was successful or not. I had an issue with it displaying an error I couldn't read and therefore couldn't diagnose. If you screw up that batch file somehow, you've got the copy you made to go back to.

Is the bug with bing still there? In both beta 1 and 2 when I launched bing while music was playing the music would skip on my trophy
    No issues on my Focus with rev 1.3.
    08-15-2011 07:10 PM
    I just tried this on my T-Mobile HD7. It does have the brief pause/skip when hitting the search button and then does it again when backing out of bing.
    08-15-2011 07:54 PM
    I made the leap updated my Arrive only took about 15 minutes 5 of that was me reading then re reading the instructions. I was going from 7712 developers to 7720 RTM.
    08-15-2011 08:34 PM
    So what would be the problem with installing this version and not the one released by my carrier? I a currently at 7712 and not sure if I want to go back to NoDo ever again, I don't want to wipe my DVP, that's for sure.
    08-15-2011 10:08 PM
    The difference between this version and the carrier version would be that the carrier version would be more device/carrier specific. You may get some extra features and apps, plus the carrier version would potentially have newer drivers to better take advantage of the improvements of Mango. Everything may be sped up now, but things could improve more. Updated drivers for better graphic acceleration, etc.

Also reading through XDA some people think that this may allow for the carrier specific update without rolling back to NoDo. Even if it doesn't it wouldn't be that big of a deal to me to roll back to NoDo then update to my HD7 specific Mango release.
    08-15-2011 10:14 PM
    2 1.3 Sammy Focii updated cleanly with absolutely no issues. The third gets stuck on 7403 with the 80004005 error. The end result is well worth the effort and I'll give this one another try later today.

Still no luck with the Devils Spawn Focus. Tried on a different computer that had already worked on another Focus but this device keeps spitting out 80004005. Tried after removing microsd card and hard resetting...... hmmmmmm....?

Tried the restore and un-Walshing, even though this phone was never Walshed in the first place. Still no go for Mango. Same error.

Had the last phone replaced, new Focus just finished updating to 7720 though the final step required re-installing the beta Zune client as the update was done post 4.8 release.
    Last edited by fpostrow; 08-24-2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: update status ...
    08-16-2011 07:07 AM
    Hi everyone,

I just got 7720 running on my 1.3 Focus and everything is working great except I don't seem to have Local Scout. I've looked in other posts and did what they said. I have activated and deactivated and reactivated the location services settings in both IE and Bing Search.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Edit: Changing the Settings to English (United States) in Region+Language enabled Local Scout. Thanks front page news :P
    Last edited by Binson; 08-18-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    08-17-2011 08:57 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD