Mango It's Heeeeeeeeeere!

swanny78

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
ok looks like mine is html5 then as I have the picture and it bottom left links to "explore" "maps" "directions" weather and favorites.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This brings to mind how it would be nice if you could set your preference for mobile vs desktop by site instead of for everything. I prefer the desktop version in general but some sites like Bing have great mobile versions that work a lot better on the phone. It would be great if you could manually set the mobile version for certain sites only.

swanny78

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I assume that we dont know need to downgrade to NODO to get the "official" release of Mango later in the year as we were told to with the developer beta, and we will get the official update as and when its pushed over Zune.

Also noticed that the colour banding issue does not exist with 7220 on HTC HD7.... :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I assume that we dont know need to downgrade to NODO to get the "official" release of Mango later in the year as we were told to with the developer beta, and we will get the official update as and when its pushed over Zune.

Also noticed that the colour banding issue does not exist with 7220 on HTC HD7.... :)
I believe to get the official carrier release of Mango ending in 7720.500 rather than our 7720.68 we will have to revert to NoDo. (If we want it that is) :)

IE9 in Mango now supports more colours so rendering of gradients is greatly improved as you have found, banding problems are now greatly reduced. Always most welcome, things looking nicer. :)

cm103

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried going up to 7720 from 7390 on my Focus. There were a few bumps in the process and some timeouts in going from 7712 to 7720. I had to factory reset the phone and revert to Nodo and start over before it went through. I noticed that on both 7712 and 7720 a lot of the built-in apps and configurations would not work. They either wouldn't start when pressed or attempt to start then flash back to the home page.

The apps that gave problems were: messaging, people, mail and the trying to attempt to set up the settings on any of those. I went back to Nodo since it was near midnight and I need to be available by phone during the week. Will keep watching the boards to see if there are any fixes for what I experienced but so far I don't see anyone else having the same issues.

From what I saw with the UI and feature set in Mango. MS has lightning in a bottle there. I'm definitely going to keep trying to get my device upgraded.

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
cm103 thanks for trying but the source of your issues may be in that 7392 is required to start the leaked process to 7720, according to the install doc. It sounds like all of us stuck on focus 1.3 7390 should wait this one out.

jeffydude#WP

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried updating with a version 1.4 Focus, got 7403 installed no problem. But when I try to update to 7712 I get error code 80004005. Tried a few times and gave up for today, maybe i'll try again later.

DuoWing

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I updated my T-Mobile HD7 to the 7720 RTM as well. It seems pretty nice. It's also a little disappointing because now I can check my e-mail, and all my social media stuff so much more quickly than I can on my Android phone that it feels like I spend less time playing with my Windows Phone.

Also for anyone who has a T-Mobile HD7 that got the update notification after updating to 7720 can you list your Firmware, and Radio versions? I haven't seen an HTC update, but I'm wondering if it was the update that came out a few weeks ago and most people were on the Mango beta and just not seeing it. I had not been on the Mango beta, just stuck with NoDo until this came out.

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap was I wrong. It took a little over an hour, probably 1.25 hours. Went smoother than silk starting with my Focus 1.3 starting with 7390. Keys points that I used: remove all music and photos/videos first. Execute from Admin command prompt and be patient. Wow. Just wow.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
One quick note if anyone is running the ISVTo7720 batch file and getting errors that you can't read because the window closes. Make a copy of that file in the same folder. Now, right click on the ISVTo7720.bat file and click Edit. Go to the bottom of the file, hit enter to start a new line, and type "pause" (minus quotes). This will run through the update process, and at the end pause for you to press a key before the window closes. It'll do this whether the update was successful or not. I had an issue with it displaying an error I couldn't read and therefore couldn't diagnose. If you screw up that batch file somehow, you've got the copy you made to go back to.

Is the bug with bing still there? In both beta 1 and 2 when I launched bing while music was playing the music would skip on my trophy
No issues on my Focus with rev 1.3.

DuoWing

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Is the bug with bing still there? In both beta 1 and 2 when I launched bing while music was playing the music would skip on my trophy

I just tried this on my T-Mobile HD7. It does have the brief pause/skip when hitting the search button and then does it again when backing out of bing.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I made the leap updated my Arrive only took about 15 minutes 5 of that was me reading then re reading the instructions. I was going from 7712 developers to 7720 RTM.

VVoltz#WN

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
So what would be the problem with installing this version and not the one released by my carrier? I a currently at 7712 and not sure if I want to go back to NoDo ever again, I don't want to wipe my DVP, that's for sure.

DuoWing

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
The difference between this version and the carrier version would be that the carrier version would be more device/carrier specific. You may get some extra features and apps, plus the carrier version would potentially have newer drivers to better take advantage of the improvements of Mango. Everything may be sped up now, but things could improve more. Updated drivers for better graphic acceleration, etc.

Also reading through XDA some people think that this may allow for the carrier specific update without rolling back to NoDo. Even if it doesn't it wouldn't be that big of a deal to me to roll back to NoDo then update to my HD7 specific Mango release.

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
2 1.3 Sammy Focii updated cleanly with absolutely no issues. The third gets stuck on 7403 with the 80004005 error. The end result is well worth the effort and I'll give this one another try later today.

Still no luck with the Devils Spawn Focus. Tried on a different computer that had already worked on another Focus but this device keeps spitting out 80004005. Tried after removing microsd card and hard resetting...... hmmmmmm....?

Tried the restore and un-Walshing, even though this phone was never Walshed in the first place. Still no go for Mango. Same error.

Had the last phone replaced, new Focus just finished updating to 7720 though the final step required re-installing the beta Zune client as the update was done post 4.8 release.

Last edited:

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just got 7720 running on my 1.3 Focus and everything is working great except I don't seem to have Local Scout. I've looked in other posts and did what they said. I have activated and deactivated and reactivated the location services settings in both IE and Bing Search.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Edit: Changing the Settings to English (United States) in Region+Language enabled Local Scout. Thanks front page news :p

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss