Mango It's Heeeeeeeeeere!

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That's strange, I have an HD7 from Tmobile and Maps was able to find my location without any issues.

It finds my location in the general context you open the maps app..... But at least for me, when I get directions to X; it gives me directions from my location par say BUT when you use the Voice Tap nav function is comes up "finding your location" and audo says "cannot connect to sat"

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well as i said mine just displayed the plain old naff mobile site until i set the browser settings to mobile version and then it was the new improved Bing that appeared.

All the links on the main page just opened the basic mobile Bing pages until i set my location then all the links went to the improved sections.

Strange why it should be any different on your phone win_splash.

Its very strange. I also set the location to my city but still no luck, it looks like the old mobile site. I have it set to mobile in the settings as well. If anyone has the same issue and finds a solution let me know.

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
It finds my location in the general context you open the maps app..... But at least for me, when I get directions to X; it gives me directions from my location par say BUT when you use the Voice Tap nav function is comes up "finding your location" and audo says "cannot connect to sat"

That's odd, I just tried it and it worked for me. Go to settings and Maps and make sure that "Read directions aloud when tapping" is set to ON.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That's odd, I just tried it and it worked for me. Go to settings and Maps and make sure that "Read directions aloud when tapping" is set to ON.

All that is correct, even tried a hard reboot to see if that was the problem, but the voice tap isn't working for me but was 7712....

Something might have gone wrong somewhere; so I might go back to NoDo using my restore point.... it's just arsing around from there to get back to 7720

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
All that is correct, even tried a hard reboot to see if that was the problem, but the voice tap isn't working for me but was 7712....

Something might have gone wrong somewhere; so I might go back to NoDo using my restore point.... it's just arsing around from there to get back to 7720

By the way, how do mobile sites such as m.bing.com look on your browser. It looks horrible on my phone. It wont go to the html5 version of the site. I even tried m.google.com and it looks bad.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
By the way, how do mobile sites such as m.bing.com look on your browser. It looks horrible on my phone. It wont go to the html5 version of the site. I even tried m.google.com and it looks bad.

To be honest, I haven't looked at mobile site presentation in IE9 as I tend to use the desktop site ability.... As soon as I've done a fresh install of 7720, I'll have a look and report back ;)

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Got 7720 running on my HTC Arrive last night. Seems smooth so far, fixed a couple of the glitches I had been experiencing in the betas. Happy camper here.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Got 7720 running on my HTC Arrive last night. Seems smooth so far, fixed a couple of the glitches I had been experiencing in the betas. Happy camper here.
I think there will be a few Happy Campers Slick5150, even if they have to be patient enough to wait for the official Mango release.

It's superb. :)

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
ok thats it... i cant wait anymore... i am going to do it. i am still on nodo, never did flash 7712... that being said i have never meesed with this OS and have no idea how to make back ups ect... i am very familiar with the process as i had several android phones all rooted and flashed several different custom roms... so that being said , is there a walkthrough for noobs on how to do this?

please advise

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Dizzy, just use the walkthrough that was linked on the homepage.... Pretty much straight forward with regards to backups etc etc.....
The pack you have to download contains the latest Zune and the latest connection tools; so if you read and do everything correctly you'll have it done within a few hours :)

sdchris

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I updated. I'm just testing it out now and can say that it is a much needed step in the right direction. Hopefully we get some more quality apps by Christmas.

chaz_uk

Jul 16, 2011
gplus.to
Did my Omnia 7 in the early hours of this morning. The improvements to Internet explorer are worth it alone. Looking forward to the release of applications that can take advantage of Mango.

Kudos to MS.

swanny78

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
bit of a noob question but what should the m.google.com and m.bing.com site look like if rendered in html 5? Google at least just looked like a list of areas to go to nothing fancy. Ive just updated to 7220 on HTC HD7

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
bit of a noob question but what should the m.google.com and m.bing.com site look like if rendered in html 5? Google at least just looked like a list of areas to go to nothing fancy. Ive just updated to 7220 on HTC HD7
The mobile version of Bing should have links on the bottom left of the background picture rather than just a page full of basic links swanny78. You can also set your location at the top. Maps & Directions are quite fancy too. :)

(Make sure you have IE settings set to show Mobile Version) or you won't see an improved mobile Bing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss