Mango 7720 vs. 7712

cookiemonster21x

May 18, 2011
Visit site
As I'm too much of a ***** to go for the non-legit upgrade myself, was wondering if any of those brave souls who have loaded some final Mango goodness to their devices would care to share any changes?

Any new features, things added/removed, general improvements, etc...?

Note: please try to keep posts limited to just changes between the recently leaked RTM Build (7720) over the most recent official Beta Build (7712).

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
To be honest i can't find any differences cosmetically at all. It just seems to be a little faster, ie tiles flipping faster and smoother. Generally a tidy up I think.

Other than that, so far i cant find any differences from my 7712 build so far.

Hussein

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
We wont see any big difference, everyone are just waiting for the Marketplace boost with all apps supporting mango. And then Spotify and new devices!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Beta 2 VS 7720

To be honest i can't find any differences cosmetically at all. It just seems to be a little faster, ie tiles flipping faster and smoother. Generally a tidy up I think.

Other than that, so far i cant find any differences from my 7712 build so far.

I agree with this. I haven't seen any differences other than it's really smooth. :D

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I went from NoDo to 7720 last night, but I stopped and played with it for a while when it got to 7712. I too agree that it feels much smoother and faster. Also there's no annoying Not For Resale on the boot animation. :)

NeoCracer

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The change that I've found is the fact that you can now sign in on chat via Messaging over 3G-network.

In 7712, I could only connect and sign in to chat over WiFi.

So that seems to be fixed on the RTM.

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Did they fix that "feature" in bing navigation where you have to tap to get the next step in the route or is it now automatic like every other nav program out there.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Since I updated to 7720, sometimes when I hold the back button down it goes to the last app I had open, and sometimes it goes to the app switcher/multitasking screen. Wierd

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Hm, do you say I should update legally to 7712 or unofficially to 7720?

I just dev unlocked my phone last night through official App Hub methods. I feel a little bad for thinking of using 'dirty' methods to mess with my WP7 :p

EDIT: I decided to go all the way. It took me a lot of hours (especially because I had to clear my 20 GB in C:, a feat) but everything went super smoothly. So far I'm loving Mango, it's so FAST and has added so many features! I can't concentrate on studying Hematology because of this, but I don't care :)

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm loving Mango, it's so FAST and has added so many features! I can't concentrate on studying Hematology because of this, but I don't care :)
Much more fun studying Mango's justop26. It's quite a speed boost isn't it ?

I'm always terrified updating my phone but it was well worth it, I'm sure you agree. :)

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Much more fun studying Mango's justop26. It's quite a speed boost isn't it ?

I'm always terrified updating my phone but it was well worth it, I'm sure you agree. :)

You're right, of course messing with Mango is much more fun! Blood is just meh...

There was a point on the update (I saw you mentioned it happened to you, too) that the phone restarted and then nothing happened. No bootup, no nothing for a couple minutes... Your post helped me through those dark times :p

Quite the update here, it feels really smooth. Transitions are really quick!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Those dark times lasted too long for my liking i justop26, I was pacing from the kitchen to the living room getting more worried by the minute, then the progress bar appeared! Phew! :)

gmark7

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Mango changes

i noticed that mango now has an option in ie for a default search provider, either bing or google. this was annoying actually having to go to google all the time first before

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a Focus (AT&T) and I don't seem to have any such option in 7720. I never noticed it in 7712 either, but I may not have been paying attention.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb