need help!!! tried updating 7720

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
so i decided to update to the final mango build, i was on nodo. never updated to 7712. so everything was going fine until i got to step 7 of the 7712 update..( it siad installing updates). it seemed to be froze up there, wasnt moving. so i unplugged my phone from the pc and was going to try again... but that was a bad idea because now when i boot the phone up it goes right to the black updating screen... and my pc doesnt recognize it... i did make the back up but unsure how to flash it if my pc doesnt recognize my phone? what do i do?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
zune doesnt find my phone when its pluged in, but the lil white status bar on my phone is moving very slowly, so i am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope it continues with the update

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
zune doesnt find my phone when its pluged in, but the lil white status bar on my phone is moving very slowly, so i am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope it continues with the update
My progress bar took 10 minutes to appear after the red 'do not unplug' warning appeared, then it stopped halfway for another 10 mins before carrying on.

It got there eventually. Keep calm LOL (I wasn't) :)

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad it worked out for you. I went the same route as you (NoDo to 7720) and it definitely hung for a while, but I decided to be patient and eventually it got there. :) I was close to unplugging but I remember something I heard a long time ago. If you think it's frozen, wait another 10 minutes. Haha.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just did my Arrive about 3 hours ago, successfully. From NoDo to 7720 and it's all working including Twitter and LinkedIn integration.

slinky826

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Crap like this scares me from wanting to update my phone before the official carrier release. But I really wanna update to Mango 7720, and it's getting harder and harder to wait. Especially now that Mango only apps are starting to appear on the marketplace.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Whew! Great that it all worked out.

As a general rule... don't unplug it if it's being updated. Even if it seems like it's taking a long time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99