Recommended ad services?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey developers, I've been working on a few different apps lately and I'd like to release at some point in the near future. I've put some thought into it and they would probably work best as free apps. I'm thinking I could easily put ads into the apps without being obtrusive.

Can anyone recommend an ad service or at least a resource where I can learn about all of them? I know there are several out there but I'm struggling to find good information that compares them so I can make a decision. I'm primarily concerned with worldwide availability, the look of the ads in the app, and money (obviously).

Another thought I had was if I wanted to offer a free version with ads and a paid version with no ads, what is the best way to go about this? Two separate versions? A free trial mode?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I use Smaato, only because I can't use the Microsoft Adcontrol. But as you are in Cleveland, you can. I would recommend that one above all others as it pays more than the rest and is simple to implement.

And yes you can have ads for trial and then remove in paid.

In your code you would just query the trialApi using:

Code:
Microsoft.Phone.Marketplace.LicenseInformation license= new Microsoft.Phone.Marketplace.LicenseInformation();

if(license.IsTrial())
{
//Its a trial so show the ad banner
} else {
//Full version, don't show banner
}

Elysium#WP

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I think it really depends where you live. I'd really hoped to use Microsoft Adcontrol, but it's not possible from Switzerland.

That's why I'm using MobFox at the moment. But I'm not all to happy with this solution. I hope MS gets their Adnetwork released quickly for non-US (as well as other things like local search results).

SirHaxalot

May 7, 2011
www.wp7board.com
I'm in kinda the same situation. Microsoft doesn't care about anyone outside of U.S. and Google doesn't care about anyone on WP7 (their AdMob control will crash any application in Mango, ****'s about to get real for anyone using it).

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all for the replies. Looks like the MS Adcontrol is the way to go for me.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon