If someone developed a killer gps app that allowed you to send a gpx file to Strava.com, it would be hugely popular with SF Bay Area cyclists. Id also offer to beta test it.
    09-29-2011 12:51 AM
    I know this thread is getting kind of cold but this idea interest me. As my Brother-In-Law is a biker, works at a bike shop and every friend he has is a biker, this might be something useful for me to develop.
    12-23-2011 05:17 PM
    I'm telling you, it would be enormously popular if you created an app that would feed directly to Strava. Or at the minimum, a gpx file you could email them.

Sent from my Samsung Omnia 7, the official WP of WeeBears everywhere, using Board Express
    12-23-2011 07:21 PM
    I'm telling you, it would be enormously popular if you created an app that would feed directly to Strava. Or at the minimum, a gpx file you could email them.
    I'm working on a WP7 app for keeping a list of waypoints in a route, storing and retrieving multiple routes, and tracking mileage/time, etc. The GPX file format is new to me and would have to be researched. But...

What do you mean by "enormously popular"? I see Strava has apple and android apps. Do you know many cyclists with Windows Phones?
    Thanks,
    Rick
    12-27-2011 04:49 PM
    I'm working on a WP7 app for keeping a list of waypoints in a route, storing and retrieving multiple routes, and tracking mileage/time, etc. The GPX file format is new to me and would have to be researched. But...

What do you mean by "enormously popular"? I see Strava has apple and android apps. Do you know many cyclists with Windows Phones?
    Thanks,
    Rick
    It may be somewhat of a paradox. Hardcore cyclists would not switch phones without the app being available and no one will make the app without users.

My suggestion? Make the wave, don't just ride it.
    12-28-2011 02:37 PM
    When the app is done... Talk to the people over att GoPro and I'm sure they'll feature it. :)

That, my friend, would make a huge impact.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 01-17-2016 at 11:45 PM. Reason: cleanup on aisle 5
    01-19-2012 10:27 AM
    Hi,

Me and a friend just released a 3rd party app that supports tracing and upload directly to strava.
    If you want to check it out, you can pick it up here:
    Strava app for Windows phone

Also, we set up a wordpress blog for communications:
    carlinapps.wordpress.com

Cheers,
    Brd
    11-12-2012 01:24 PM
    Nice! I should have my phone tomorrow and I will check it out.
    11-12-2012 08:27 PM
    Not available for UK???
    12-05-2012 12:58 PM
    12-05-2012 01:44 PM
    Have you tried Bike Blackbox??

Bike Blackbox

It has the functionality to send the gpx file to your skydrive account
    Last edited by Ski Blackbox; 01-08-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    01-08-2013 04:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD