Silverlight Toolkit Context Menu Delay

acidhax

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to figure out how to rid the unnecessary delay in the SL Toolkit for the Context Menu.

I've found a blog post, but, it's very cryptic.

Any ideas?

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Cryptic it is, essentially you need to change the Hold gesture to be shorter, but you run the risk of clashing with the Tap gesture.

I would question the reason for doing it. I think the Hold delay is pretty good length, whats your reasoning? Also, if you have a link to the blog post, maybe I can decrypt it for you. :)

Parth Sehgal

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I see the same issue. I had to turn off ZoomEnabled to get it to show up faster. Basically, with ZoomEnabled, you hold down the item the menu is linked to and it takes a good 2 seconds for it to simply appear. There is no animation going on, it just comes up instantly with everything else behind it zoomed back. It closes with an animation though. It's the opening animation that is totally broken. I guess that explains the 2 second delay. It's the animation delay except we're not seeing it.

Setting isZoomEnabled to false makes it work right again just that you lose the nifty animation and zooming.

<toolkit:ContextMenuService.ContextMenu>
<toolkit:ContextMenu IsZoomEnabled="False" >
<toolkit:MenuItem Header="{Binding Converter={StaticResource LocalizedBinder}, ConverterParameter='Edit'}" IsEnabled="{Binding EditCommentGridVisibility}" Click="EditComment_Click" Tag="{Binding commentId}" />
<toolkit:MenuItem Header="{Binding Converter={StaticResource LocalizedBinder}, ConverterParameter='Remove'}" IsEnabled="{Binding RemoveCommentGridVisibility}" Click="DeleteComment_Click" Tag="{Binding commentId}" />
</toolkit:ContextMenu>
</toolkit:ContextMenuService.ContextMenu>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos