Realistic Ad Revenue Numbers

Stiv

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If anyone's interested I've published some ad revenue numbers from my latest game to help give fellow developers a realistic guide to how much your average WP7 game can expect to make.

http://diffractionstudios.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/apple-squash-realistic-ad-revenue-part.html
http://diffractionstudios.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/apple-squash-realistic-ad-revenue.html

There are plenty of success stories out there so don't let this put you off, but for most of us I think this is the level you should be setting your expectations until you find your feet in the marketplace.

If you'd like to share any numbers from your apps I'd love to hear them!

Cheers,
Stiv

Last edited:

Jim Clinton

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi Stiv,

Thanks for publishing the numbers!

Mine are not as good as yours, I use PubCenter only. I feel lucky to see ecpm higher than $1.00 average; they are usually less than 0.50 or so. I don't quite understand how it all works. They fluctuate way too much throughout the day sometimes peeking at over $7.00 then dropping to nothing for a while then up again. I have read that changing your categories can help but I have not tried that yet.
But I really am in it for the fun anyway.

Jim

Stiv

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing Jim!

I had very similar experiences with my 2 previous games but for some reason Apple Squash has been doing a lot better. It could be to do with categories as you said because I might have picked different ones this time around.

I'll check it out and report back!

Gmotagi

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi Stiv,

Thanks for that, im going to be publishing my game hopefully in the near future and had come to some of the same conclusions you have regarding ads etc. For me I still cant decide the best payment method but im currently thinking a ?1.99 initially just because I want to see how it compares to the live titles in terms of sales. Luckily I've only spent about ?250 on art & sound so im fairly confident I can make my costs back.

I love your gfx btw, im a big fan of that style of rich colours & big contrast.

Stiv

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Jim, the categories I picked for this one are "Health & Fitness", "Hobbies & Interests" and "Technology & Computing". Not sure why I picked Health & Fitness, maybe because Apples are healthy? :)

Gmotagi, Thanks for your comments! I'd love to hear how you go with a paid app since I only have experience with the ad-based model. Will you be offering a free trial as well?

Se1fcr3ation, Thanks for linking! I've updated the links in the original post to point directly to the blog posts I'm referring to rather than the whole site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999