Metro icons that can cut glass

bermlee

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Here's my contribution of essential Application Bar icons for Windows 8 and Windows Phone apps. I invite you to take a look at: metro.useicons.com - Essential AppBar Icons for Windows Apps

Each icon is crafted with a specific function in mind, fitted to the pixel-grid for a crisp clean look. The set includes 2 custom matching sets (not simple inverses) so that apps can look their best in both dark and light backgrounds, more than 600 icons in total for $30.

I've put these out a month ago, but still have little visibility web searches, and would really like to get these in front of developers.

Here's what you won't find elsewhere:
  • customized "dark" and "light" background versions
  • crisp, pixel-hinted icons without the fuzziness prevalent in other icon sets (these are not warmed over last-gen Android icons)
  • carefully chosen based on functions you need for your app (no inflated icon count by adding in clip-art, or random dingbats--you know where to find THOSE)

If you have any questions, drop me tweet at: @useicons

Enough excuses! Go build your app!

metro.useicons.com-02.gif

metro.useicons.com-06.gif

Last edited:

bermlee

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Short answer: It doesn't! ;)

Longer answer: my customers know the difference.

Would you like a free set? Send me a private message.

rsuter

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Are there also XAML vector versions of the icons? I think its better to use this instead of jpgs and pngs in Windows8 and WP8 apps as there are different scaled resolutions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3