Here's my contribution of essential Application Bar icons for Windows 8 and Windows Phone apps. I invite you to take a look at: metro.useicons.com - Essential AppBar Icons for Windows Apps

Each icon is crafted with a specific function in mind, fitted to the pixel-grid for a crisp clean look. The set includes 2 custom matching sets (not simple inverses) so that apps can look their best in both dark and light backgrounds, more than 600 icons in total for $30.

I've put these out a month ago, but still have little visibility web searches, and would really like to get these in front of developers.

Here's what you won't find elsewhere:
    • customized "dark" and "light" background versions
    • crisp, pixel-hinted icons without the fuzziness prevalent in other icon sets (these are not warmed over last-gen Android icons)
    • carefully chosen based on functions you need for your app (no inflated icon count by adding in clip-art, or random dingbats--you know where to find THOSE)

If you have any questions, drop me tweet at: @useicons

Enough excuses! Go build your app!

Last edited by bermlee; 04-06-2012 at 09:33 AM. Reason: reworded to avoid repeating myself!
    ZX9 likes this.
    04-06-2012 09:21 AM
    How in any way does this compete with Metro Studio, which is available for free?:dry
    04-06-2012 03:05 PM
    Short answer: It doesn't! ;)

Longer answer: my customers know the difference.

Would you like a free set? Send me a private message.
    04-17-2012 05:32 AM
    They know the difference as in these here are better than Metro Studio?
    05-09-2012 04:34 PM
    They look good, but as a developer I wouldn't pay of $30 for them, considering there are so many icons out there for free.
    06-02-2012 01:16 PM
    Take a look at this project. It's free and it's amazing.

Templarian — Design, Develop, and Deploy
    06-13-2012 03:45 PM
    Are there also XAML vector versions of the icons? I think its better to use this instead of jpgs and pngs in Windows8 and WP8 apps as there are different scaled resolutions.
    07-18-2012 05:56 PM