Free Designer for Devs

ShadL

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
[updated - 1st May 2012] - just making sure you don't think this is dead.

tumblr_m3cxltNcOq1rtpqfqo1_500.png

tumblr_m33lz74YYl1rtpqfqo1_1280.png

tumblr_m2y7ys5xlH1rtpqfqo1_500.png

Once upon a time, there was a designer. He had nothing to do. So he set this up.

As much as I love Windows Phone, I do have some unsettled scores.
My main pet peeve with WP is the app logos. There are a lot of quality made applications. Sometimes they have quality logos to go with them, but other times they do not.

I'm genuinely sick of seeing Comic Sans in app logos. So I'm taking matters into my own hands. By doing so, I mean that I’ll be creating free - that’s right - for any developer. Homebrew or not. I like good apps, and I like good design. You can contact me through my Tumblr METROFI
Give me a brief and I’ll do it within 3 days - Promise.

I’m the nicest designer you’ll talk to, so make sure you contact me. I’ll get back to you very quickly.

Attached is an Instagram client application logo. No one asked me to this, but I did it just to prove I’m good at this, not just some teenager with Photoshop. Well actually I am, but you can see I don’t kid.

Any developers, find me here, on the link below.

METROFI.TUMBLR.COM

NOTE: PLEASE DON'T CONTACT ME THROUGH PM ON THIS SITE. I don't always get the time to come here and check my inbox, etc. PLEASE use my email through Metrofi.tumblr.com - MY EMAIL IS THERE.

Extra note: I am a student, although I'll work for free, donations are always appreciated.

Last edited:

IanBauters

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
First encounters

As I was working on a web app I bumped into Shad and I have to say that it was a pleasure working with him and I will work with him again in the future!
He's really dedicated to his design process and is willing to help out wherever he can!
He's pixel perfect and does what is asked of him!
Thumbs up and five stars!
Hear you soon buddy! ;)

alzaeem

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Man good to know that there people like you out there. I am planning to start developing my first app and was thinking about finding a designer, so hopefully you will hear from me within a month.

ShadL

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
As I was working on a web app I bumped into Shad and I have to say that it was a pleasure working with him and I will work with him again in the future!
He's really dedicated to his design process and is willing to help out wherever he can!
He's pixel perfect and does what is asked of him!
Thumbs up and five stars!
Hear you soon buddy! ;)

Thanks Ian, it was pretty awesome seeing someone ask me on the first day of creating this intensive/scheme. All done within an hour :D

Man good to know that there people like you out there. I am planning to start developing my first app and was thinking about finding a designer, so hopefully you will hear from me within a month.

I'll be awaiting contact :) Get in touch now and I can have everything done beforehand.

Funtastic Software

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Shad after reading this post to get some design help with my first app on Windows Phone 7, MetroFlashlight.

A few day's later i got a PM. We exchanged some e-mails and i passed along information about my app. Two day's later i had some neat looking icons and stuff for my flashlight.

Going to incorporate them into my next update of the app, together with some other small stuff.

Thanks a lot Shad! Was a pleasure dealing with you in regards to this, and i hope you can help me out again with some of my future apps!

Dirty Mike

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I asked Shad if he would make a logo/splashscreen for me. A few days later he sent me the work he had done.
tumblr_m33lz74YYl1rtpqfqo1_1280.png

I think the work speaks for itself!
Needless to say I am very happy with the work he did!

He is also a very nice person that i would be happy to interact with him again!

Thanks again Shad! :D

ShadL

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys! It's always fun to work with developers on new and exciting things :D

Please, I can't emphasise the need for quality design in the Marketplace - so devs, please contact me. I love working with new people :)

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
This seems like an incredible opportunity, anyone has something in the pipeline (or has released without solid branding) should definitely check this out. I was thinking of doing a student timetable app when I'm free at the end of the year, sure hope this will still be open then (heck, I'd pay for this kind of stuff!)

ShadL

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
This seems like an incredible opportunity, anyone has something in the pipeline (or has released without solid branding) should definitely check this out. I was thinking of doing a student timetable app when I'm free at the end of the year, sure hope this will still be open then (heck, I'd pay for this kind of stuff!)

I don't plan on ending this incentive any time soon - and I'm always patrolling this board, so please don't hesitate to contact me at any time :)

Note: I do this as a hobby - but I wouldn't mind a donation here and there. As I'm a student, I don't always have the cash to buy new textbooks :') - but let's cut the sob stories. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs