I am planning to seriously start developing my first App (finally found a worthy idea I think) once I graduate by the end of this month. I am hoping for developer events/competitions/promotions/hackathons/etc in Canada for extra motivation or that may provide added resouces (like free Azure hosting for example). I can't seem to find a lot of those in Canada, something like the 30 days to Launch promotion that was in the US was perfect. So are there any upcoming events that you guys know of? and how do you keep track of all that is going on in the WP developer world? or even Windows 8 Metro Apps development using WinRT would help as well.

Thanks
    04-07-2012 02:34 PM
    I don't know where in Canada you are but the next event I know about is in Fredericton:
    FDUG April: Mobile Dev Camp | FDUG
    04-08-2012 08:30 AM
    lol that's kinda out of my reach...I am currently in Waterloo and will be moving to Toronto area soon. That being said, I did some more searching yesterday and I found a few sources through MSDN Canada. There is a 2 day event happening in Toronto next week for Windows 8 but it is fully booked, and a bunch of other Windows 8 events happening around but nothing for Windows Phone, which I think raises the issue that WP might be taking the back seat with all the Win8 hype, but hopefully WinRT comes to WP8 as well.
    04-08-2012 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD