So im kinda depressed with the quality of fitness/workout apps on the market place. The only reason my iPhone sees the light of day is because of a workout app i use on it. So i think im going to write a fitness app for WP. Here is the catch: All those apps have photos of people performing the exercise for guidance. So I set out to find a stock photo collection i could possible use....no luck. No problem, ill just ask one of the girls at the gym if they would like to make some extra $$ posing. Hottie says yes! And...ANNNNND I might add, she is doing it for waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than i had budgeted.

So my problem: No where to do the photos...Any gym I go to does not allow people to photograph inside the gym which 1) I understand, wanna keep the pervs from videoing girls in yoga pants doing bent over rows. 2) I know is BS because a Golds I used to be a member would let this girl come in and take modeling photos, then I also saw a couple taking engagement photos (ya that was weird).

Now im stuck trying to get passed a hurdle that, as a programmer, didnt even consider. Any suggestions?
    04-12-2012 04:01 PM
    By no means am I an expert here, but have you actually tried to ask someone at the gym for permission to take photos? If you explain to them what you want to do they might go ahead and allow it. It might just be a matter of finding the right person to talk to. Try to get ahold of whoever runs the gym. They may even let you do it for free if you give them a shout out in your app.
    04-13-2012 01:40 PM
    By no means am I an expert here, but have you actually tried to ask someone at the gym for permission to take photos? If you explain to them what you want to do they might go ahead and allow it. It might just be a matter of finding the right person to talk to. Try to get ahold of whoever runs the gym. They may even let you do it for free if you give them a shout out in your app.
    Yes/No. I havent asked management, but i have asked friends that work at a couple different gyms and when i brought it up they all looked at me like i asked to date their daughter.
    04-13-2012 04:28 PM
    write the app first, then you can use that as proof you really need photos. helps you not come across as a perv?
    04-16-2012 08:20 AM
    They may even let you do it for free if you give them a shout out in your app.
    04-17-2012 10:20 AM
    I may have thought of a way, let me know what you guys think: Write the app, publish it with no photos, but then ask users to submit their own photos and get something like $5 per exercise, or get the "no ads" version free.
    04-17-2012 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD