Question about Beta testing WP app

BrilliSoft

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
We are getting ready to launch an app (that is highly successful on the Apple and Play marketplaces) on the WP marketplace. We are considering submitting it first for beta testing. My concern is the 90 days... Does anyone know if it's possible to go commercial during those 90 days?

wildbohr

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is currently no you cannot. What you "can" do is submit the app again separately while the beta program is going on, or so I have been told. However don't name your beta version the same as your official submission because it won't let you submit the app a 2nd time with the same name.

rsuter

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is currently no you cannot. What you "can" do is submit the app again separately while the beta program is going on, or so I have been told. However don't name your beta version the same as your official submission because it won't let you submit the app a 2nd time with the same name.

The name can only be seen in the app hub, in the marketplace the app from the XAP file (manifest) will be taken...

You can submit your app invisible, and make it visible later. But this way you can't control who installs the app. If your link gets "leaked" everyone can install the app...

BrilliSoft

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Would there be an issue if we submitted the app as "app name beta" the first time and "app name" the second time (during the 90 day beta period)? In other words, is there an issue with similar names?

rbrunner

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Similar names should be ok

Would there be an issue if we submitted the app as "app name beta" the first time and "app name" the second time (during the 90 day beta period)? In other words, is there an issue with similar names?

I can't prove it, but I am pretty sure that there is no issue with similar names. There are a lot of Xyz and Xyz Light or Xyz Free pairs of applications in the Marketplace from the same publisher, without any reports that I know off about publishers running into problems with this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs