I am looking to make my first app and would like to know if this is easy to do.

I would like make an app that will load a mobile site with the user agent of an iphone or android because the mobile site on wp7 looks different then on those devices. I would like to basically have the main page of the app open up the main site and handle the site with the android or iphone's user agent and run mostly like a mobile site would from that site on android and maybe even the option to save password for site so once you log in once I can stay logged in or at least show the user id and password auto saved there after first input so i can just click loggin. I am look to create some simple apps for some banking site i use.
    04-26-2012 10:39 PM
    This sounds like an interesting app idea. Unfortunately, I think it's next to impossible to build it for WP7.

The access side is not the problem: The necessary support is all there, I think, to reach out from an app to some website, with any user agent set that you like, even log in there with some credentials, etc.

But then, after you hold the HTML from the site, how do you display it?

The only "thing" on the phone that can display HTML is Internet Explorer, and there are very very limited possibilities for an app to interact with IE.

I don't see any way at all how your app could open a HTTP connection and then hand it over to IE, to continue browsing, so to speak. Neither to I see a way for an app to fetch all the HTML, do all the "browsing", and just use IE to display it all.
    04-27-2012 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD