First Month's Earnings

Dirty Mike

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
So I just started to make apps a little over a month ago. I actually got my first full month's earnings report and I would like to think it is pretty good for my first month, but I would definitely like to make more in the future.

I made a whole $8.86. What do you guys think about that for a first month?

Stiv

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi Dirty Mike,

If you've only been developing a month I'd say that's pretty good. What was the app? Was it ad-based or paid?

Dirty Mike

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Dirty Mike,

If you've only been developing a month I'd say that's pretty good. What was the app? Was it ad-based or paid?
I actually made two apps, one came out right before April and the other towards the middle. Both are ad-based, but the one that came out later has had an update to implement half and half adduplex ads and pubcenter ads that came out on like the 25th.

Stiv

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I actually made two apps, one came out right before April and the other towards the middle.

Congrats on your apps! Have you got more planned?

Both are ad-based, but the one that came out later has had an update to implement half and half adduplex ads and pubcenter ads that came out on like the 25th.

When you say half and half, do you actually mean you split it 50/50 or do you mean you use AdDuplex as a fall back when PubCenter doesn't display ads?

Personally I think AdDuplex is an excellent backup but I'd never show one of their ads over a paid ad. If you've released your apps globally you'll still get plenty of AdDuplex impressions from countries that PubCenter doesn't operate as extensively in.

Dirty Mike

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your apps! Have you got more planned?

Of course I do! I'm still learning how to code, but I have some ideas already :) My college also offers an app development class which I will be taking next semester, so hopefully that helps haha

When you say half and half, do you actually mean you split it 50/50 or do you mean you use AdDuplex as a fall back when PubCenter doesn't display ads?

Personally I think AdDuplex is an excellent backup but I'd never show one of their ads over a paid ad. If you've released your apps globally you'll still get plenty of AdDuplex impressions from countries that PubCenter doesn't operate as extensively in.

Yeah it is 50/50, I just really want to get it out there over making a little bit of money each day.

Last edited:

dominiauk

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
It just seems so hard to earn much. It seems to be all about getting those initial downloads from the new list and then hoping someone will review it.

Personally I've found that you earn the most in the first 2-3 months and then it seems to stick at a certain level (somewhere around a third of those initial earnings). So with luck you will get it increasing in the next month or 2 but then it'll probably stick at a smaller amount.

Also make sure you get it to all the new markets as they appear. It gives you a chance of getting it in that new list again for those new markets.

Good Luck!

Dirty Mike

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
My two apps are soundboards and the first one was really simple, but I am working on an update for it. The first one was Gears of War Soundboard and the second one that I made, which has a lot more content and I think has a lot better design is Will Ferrell Movies.

If you like them I hope you do rate them and if you don't I hope you do to. I want to know where I should improve them, apart from making it so you can download them as a ringtone (I know I need to implement that feature in the future). Thanks :)

Jeff Kibuule

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had 3 weeks of app sales and made about $104 so far, with $25 of that coming in one day when I put up posts on 1800PocketPC and WMPowerUser.

Obligatory link: Pocket Lab Values | App for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone 7

I don't really consider it a loss considering I only worked on it for 8 days and the app is largely "done", plus making medical apps is a pretty small audience. Hopefully it will pick up in the future. Right now I sell about 1 copy a day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234