Nokia Redy.Set() {Code} Challenge

ccrraaiigg007

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm here at the Atlanta event. It has been a good event even if the attendance was low. Anybody else want to share their experiences at one of these events?

theomodsim

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I went to the hackathon in Columbus this past weekend and had a good time. There were about 25 or so developers, from which about 10 apps (from individuals and teams) were presented at the end.

I heard at the event that the idea of having a bounty board had legal issues (ownership of ideas and whatnot), so you had to walk in to the event with an idea in mind or come up with one on the spot. I didn't have any ideas in mind when I walked in, and I didn't think of anything that could be up and running in a few hours until 12:30 PM (the hacking started at 9:30 or so), so my app was pretty lackluster to say the least.

Several devs just worked on apps that they were already working on before the event, which I thought detracted from the competition somewhat. Hopefully they set up some sort of rule where one must develop the app from scratch at the event to level the playing field.

wildbohr

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I would have liked to attended the Canadian event, but the only one they had was on the west coast in Vancouver, East Coast gets no love (our population density MAY have something to do with it ;) ).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddacker