Windows Phone Developer Summit

wildbohr

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hoping someone here can help to find more info.

The Summit is taking place next month in San Francisco. I know media has been alerted and MVP's I've spoken to have been contacted but as a Windows Phone developer I haven't heard anything beside the very generic info posted on news sites. I don't normally travel to these things, since it's not on the east coast, but I feel it will be important to be there. I want to book my travel now since it's a better chance of getting a deal but hate the thought of not being able to get registered since there is a chance this is an invite only event.

I've been reaching out in all directions to get info but hitting dead ends. I would have hoped this was an open Dev event since it is in fact a "Developer Summit". I don't mind paying to go but I'd like to know what's going on.

wildbohr

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
So I've been reaching out to media and mvp's for info on this as well. Near as I can tell it's invite only.

A closed Dev event? Now I know mvps kind of make sense, but they just had their summit and were introduced to apollo. They likely have invited some "key" known devs to go, but I am willing to bet I am not the only wp dev who wants to attend. Now it is possible that they will open the event up, but it would have to be soon the event is in a month. If we had an idea of the size of the conference it would be a better indicator about whether this is opening up.

Both Google I/O and Apple have dev events next month, but at least majority of attendees get the same shot at attending. Come on MS show us devs really are important to you give us a little more info to go on.

Jeff Kibuule

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
So I've been reaching out to media and mvp's for info on this as well. Near as I can tell it's invite only.

A closed Dev event? Now I know mvps kind of make sense, but they just had their summit and were introduced to apollo. They likely have invited some "key" known devs to go, but I am willing to bet I am not the only wp dev who wants to attend. Now it is possible that they will open the event up, but it would have to be soon the event is in a month. If we had an idea of the size of the conference it would be a better indicator about whether this is opening up.

Both Google I/O and Apple have dev events next month, but at least majority of attendees get the same shot at attending. Come on MS show us devs really are important to you give us a little more info to go on.

Since when were MVPs introduced to Apollo? Seems like a lot of NDAs to go through so that their public announcement isn't ruined in a month...

wildbohr

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
They were introduced to it during their MVP summit, end of feb. I remember hearing that they asked certain individuals to leave the room during different tracks because they may have been deemed info leak risks, I think they spoke about it on the Windows Weekly podcast.

wildbohr

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm having no luck finding any more info about this. Anyone that will tell me something is "guessing" that it's invite only and I don't think I am going to be successful in getting a invite. I'm going to try a few last avenues but I'm not very hopeful at this point.

wildbohr

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Well @wp7dev just confirmed on Twitter that this is an "Invite Only" event. This is a real disappointment being a developer who really loves this platform and wanting to attend. Was really looking forward to getting a closer look at what's coming for us.

wildbohr

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
So this is probably the last follow up to this. I spoke to a few other people who had communicated back they would see what they could do for me, also a group in MS told me they'd contact me if conditions changed. I am going to assume there is no way for a dev to attend the event. If anyone is going please chime in.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3