hi all, m new in windows phone 7 apps development.m using linq for database connectivity.m able to insert delete and update operation.my problem is emulator not save previous inserted data when apps again run?if we donot close the emulator and again run the application then can emulator store the previous data?i haven't device.so pls give me solution through emulator.

thanx in advance.
    05-29-2012 05:42 AM
    If you terminate and restart the emulator itself, all data will be gone, for all applications. Every start of the emulator is a "clean slate" again - otherwise it would be much too easy to ruin the emulator somehow.

If you terminate and restart your app while the emulator itself keeps running, all data that your app properly saved is retained.

So, if I read your post correctly, something is indeed strange in your case: The data still should be there, but isn't, since you don't close the emulator itself.

Why is hard to tell without more details.
    05-29-2012 06:55 AM
    Try and use the isolated storage tools to look at the data your app is storing. There is also a gui that makes it a little easier:

FREE GUI interface for the Isolated Storage Explorer Tool - GUI Iset - Pete Vickers - APPA Mundi

It could also be that there is a problem with your code that isn't saving the changes to the database.

If you insert something into a table with linq, it will not save until you Submit the changes to the db..
    05-29-2012 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD