Grey Market: Cydia/Installous equivalent for WP - Coming soon!

ShadL

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm currently developing a new Marketplace for Windows Phone, which I hope will be included in future ROMs.

I call it Grey Market.

It'll not only host full-interop applications, but also normal applications. This is for the people who might not want to or can't submit apps to the Marketplace.

You can head over to Greymarket on your Windows Phone device.

Feel free to email me if you'd like to submit your applications.

GREYMARKET.MOBI

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
That link you posted doesn't work.

Also, I'm curious why you decided to develop another marketplace. What's wrong with Bazaar?

ShadL

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
That link you posted doesn't work.

Also, I'm curious why you decided to develop another marketplace. What's wrong with Bazaar?
Hey, this market won't just host the apps that require interop unlock, but it'll host normal apps. For people who might not be able to afford or choose not to upload to the proper Market.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
If you can nail a good user-facing experience and a strong back-end, I fully support this over Bazaar (and the other one that is even worse, Deepshining?). It seems developers really don't care about Bazaar, it's too focused on tweaks and even then, the hackers don't upload the latest versions to Bazaar.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Installous is just a way for ****ty iphone owners to steal apps instead of paying for them. In my ever so humble.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Installous is just a way for ****ty iphone owners to steal apps instead of paying for them.
I hope this is more Cydia than Installous. One of the great things about Cydia is you can still sell your product, you just don't have to put up with whatever restrictions Apple has on their store. For example, if they decided to permanently pull Airfoil Speakers Touch, Rogue Amoeba would still be able to offer their app, albeit to a much smaller audience.

@OP, one problem I see: you can't install XAPs from the phone on a developer unlocked phone. I believe it requires at least Root Tools, or full unlock. If your solution is to distribute the XAP to a PC and let users deploy to the phone, this rules out paying for apps. The way it works with full unlock (and the necessary tools): the XAP is downloaded to the phone, deployed then immediately deleted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs