Noticed something disturbing, devs chime in.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I recently got an update to KAYAK. When I looked at the about page it lists a build date of 7/30/12. Now assuming this was a minor update (and it looks that way) testing couldn't have taken more than a few days, then submission to Microsoft.

Here it is 8/22/12....if they submitted it the first week of August, it is taking almost 3 weeks to get approved? Am I missing something here? That seems AWFUL!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Submissions were put on hold when they converted App Hub. Then they had this security certificate issue and had to roll something back. The improvements are supposed to increase the speed of app submissions, but you know, no pain no gain.

I have been working with a dev in Italy who made some changes to his apps. Submitted them on 8/6. Still waiting for the updates.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Stiv

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't published any updates since App Hub got replaced, but just prior to that the certification process could take anywhere between 3 to 7 days.

I would expect some of the bigger name apps to have a more involved internal testing period that could easily last weeks depending on the size of the app and the number of devs working on it. Also keep in mind developers can decide not publish their apps straight away after it passes certification if they want to release on a particular date or do a last minute sweep for bugs.

I definitely haven't heard anything to suggest certification takes 3 weeks now.

Hope this helps!

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
It was due to the certificate issue, all submission got delayed by weeks. And there was a huge pile up of apps/updates to be certified, they are clearing it out now.

I had an update for 15 days before it got published.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923