Hi all,

I don't own a Windows Phone thus can't test this but I'd love it if someone that does could test this for me on a Windows Phone (or tablet) and report back the results.

I set up a jsfiddle link... to check if a browser supports the File upload option in HTML... e.g. [input type="file"]...

It should detect if the browser supports it or not, and you can test it yourself on the page.

v.gd - Shortened URL

If you can, please follow the link and let me know what results you get (correct or incorrect).

Cheers,
    Steve
    09-18-2012 03:07 PM

Sorry, had to post that. Short answer is, it won't work... http://windowsphone.stackexchange.co...om-the-browser

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Last edited by sinime; 09-18-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    09-18-2012 03:34 PM
    Thanks for the link to stackexchange... I now see that it doesn't support uploads... however I'm also trying to determine if the JavaScript used to detect support works... (without resorting to user agent sniffing).

Thus on the test page, does it report back that file uploads are NOT supported?

Thanks
    09-18-2012 04:26 PM
    I browsed to your upload page on my DVP running Tango. The upload page says that I do have file upload support, although (as mentioned above) I actually don't.
    09-20-2012 07:26 PM
    I browsed to your upload page on my DVP running Tango. The upload page says that I do have file upload support, although (as mentioned above) I actually don't.
    Ah that sucks... I was really hoping that it at least detected that it wasn't actually available.

Out of interest... does the button "Choose..." or something similar for file selection even show up? I'm wondering if IE hides the input control... and if so... I can hopefully detect that.

Thanks again for testing the link! v.gd - Shortened URL

Cheers,
    Steve
    09-21-2012 07:50 AM