Need the WP8 SDK.

Ark-kun

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone help me to get the WP8 SDK?
I really need it to make my library compatible with WP8, but MS rejected me.
I crawled the web fro weeks, but I couldn't find the September SDK links (and the old SDK doesn't work with W8 or VS2012).
I know that some of you have the SDK. Please, give a fellow developer a copy.

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The NDA is pretty strict, and i believe it also includes watermarking so it seems unlikely that you will find it. Shouldn't be too long before we all get it I suspect. Probably the end of this month.

Ark-kun

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
The NDA is pretty strict, and i believe it also includes watermarking
It's easy to check.
If the SDK is installed from a single .exe and that .exe is digitally signed (file properties) I think that we can be sure that there are no watermarks. (I don't think MS would be individually sign each download). I haven't seen anything watermarked on Connect.
If we had two people with SDKs, we could also check whether the MD5 hashes are equal.

mckhendry

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Does your library already work in WP7.5? If so, then most likely it should be a simple recompile for WP8 (once the SDK is released). You could probably have it recompiled and verified on the day the SDK is released in less time than it took for me to write this comment. Unless of course you're doing something new and specific to WP8, and in that case you should be the one sharing. ;)

What does your library do?

-kw

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb