Any developers interested in creating a Crossfit app?

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Any Windows Phone developers that also happen to be Crossfitters out there? Either way, would any developers be interested in creating a Crossfit app that functions similar to myWOD app for iphone? I've tried to get those developers to do it but they just aren't interested and there are currently no fitness apps that really works with Crossfit.

djfxfit

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'd be willing to roll some code to support the cause. I've got some classes written already that were inspired from online sources. Right now it just pulls in the data via an rss feed, but my intentions are to persist the daily WODS. Ideally, I'd like to use onboard storage, but I'm not getting good reads that win8 supports onboard SQL. As such, I'm thinking about incorporating some third-party utilities. Let me know what direction you'd like to go. I hope to have this app written and in the app store before I get my new win8 phone in Feb 2013.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to see something similar to what is being offered in the myWOD app. The ability to input my weights and times, enter custom wods as well as being able to just select the benchmark and hero wods that are already available. I'd say skip onboard storage and take advantage of skydrive but I'm not a developer so that is really dependent on you I guess. To be honest, for a really slick and well done app, I'd be willing to pay $3 or $4 for it.

DurnDurnDurn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have started one. I've been meaning to complete it because I Crossfit as well and have been meaning to get an app out so I can save my 1 RM and benchmark times.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I really appreciate you building that app. I did check it out but as it currently is, I really can't use it. The ability to enter in the custom WODs my box programs and to track my PRs and 1RM is critical for me. I'm currently entering everything into a journal and want to get away from that. Plus, it would be easier to compare WOD times with an app to track progress than it is to dig back through journal entries to do the compares.

I will say this though, your app design is good and what I did look at is well done. I hope that when you do include custom WOD entry, the statistics feature will also reflect that data as well.

bergdaniel

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The ability to add custom WODs is at the top of my priority list and is in the works (just taking a break right now from coding it...) for version 1.2. Yep, the statistics will reflect your custom WOD progress as well. :)

Glad that you like it, and thanks for the feedback! I'll do my best to keep up with feature requests.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased your app last night after seeing the recent update to v1.2. I really appreciate all the effort you put into this. It looks like it has everything I need to track my progress and workouts at the gym now. I even used to stopwatch/counter function while judging Crossfit Open WOD 13.1 this past weekend. Keep up all the excellent work.

After looking things over, there is in fact one more thing I'd like to see. In the WODs section, it would be nice to have the various heavy lifts that we do on a regular basis listed. Things like Power Snatch, Hang Snatch, Hang Clean, etc. That way we can record our PRs, 1RM, 3RM, and 5RM weights.

Last edited:

Daniel Berg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

Awesome stuff that it's being used out in the field more than just me.

Yep, lifts is one of the features that is being requested right now and is slotted for the Jotun-release (v1.3). It should be out in the wild in two-three weeks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99