[TEMPLE RUN] like games in XNA framework

Raghav77

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
hello everyone!

i am trying to make a game like temple run ....... Should i start with xna framework for windows..... or can anyone provide me with some tutorials/links for the Running Function in the game

Thanx!

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
So to proceed .... which platform should i opt?

I have a similar question. If XNA is going down, what is the alternative? Is there like a game engine that I can use?

Update.

I did some research on windows phone game development. I think I am going to stick with XNA for now. If tomorrow (2014) it should die, then I guess monogame should help me continue my work with XNA.

Further, I am hoping that unity becomes available soon. If I should really decide to renew my developer account next year, I would like to migrate to unity completely.

I have to admit though. Game development for windows phone is complicated. In a way, slightly disappointed

Last edited:

Jason Roberts

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You can still use XNA for windows phone 8 but it has to be targeted to wp 7.x. You could also use monogame which you code in XNA and it will convert it into pretty much any platform you want even ios/android/windows 8/wp8. Or you could learn how to use Unity3D which they just released a beta compiler for WP8.

Microsoft also released a helper class for Visual Studio 2012 to make it more "xna" like for wp8 development.

So basically....
Stick to XNA but compile for wp7.x
Switch to MonoGame which uses XNA and you can then compile to multiple platforms and not just windows phone
Switch to Unity3D that also compiles to multiple platforms, but does not use XNA, it uses its own engine and you get a designer for free.
Learn the new way of coding for WP8 using the helper class.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6