Want to become a developer..

Me gusta l920

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
No offence, but try to do something with seriousness. Everything is available in India, but just making it like 'I can fake my age to get something' or 'I can start with something just so that I can gain some money' is not good.

i am not here for the money...i am doing it for fun and maybe gain some exp for future

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, different strokes for different folks indeed. I gave my suggestion based on my experience, and doing a couple of C/C++ programs doesn't hurt, IMO it just makes you comfortable with coding and programming, syntax doesn't matter, it takes maximum 2-3 hours to get comfortable with syntax, but it takes time to get comfortable with programming. & I guess you might be right, Video tutorials are great for things like photoshop, learning guitar and what not, for a programming language books are better.(You can always watch some videos alongside)

I guess we've made different experiences then. I've only ever met two people who learned their craft from online tutorials, but both of them were worthless. Not to say that such an outcome is inevitable, but I do find that online tutorials rarely provide the depth of understanding that books offer.

However, I do acknowledge that different people have different learning styles. If you go the online tutorial route, then it is critical that you find a source that offers a lot of material that is intended for use as a whole and in a set order. Each individual tutorial should offer at least a few dozen hours of online training. The worst thing anyone could do is work through dozens of unrelated videos from different sources. Such an approach simply lacks the structure that is essential for a good programming 101 course.

I also completely disagree that starting with C or C++ offers any benefits. Both C and C++ are very different from each other and neither is in any way similar to C#. Yes, they share a lot of common programming syntax, but that isn't at all what is important about programming languages. Learning a programming language, at least in the beginning, should be about semantics and idioms, and in those regards all three languages are very different. If all you're learning/teaching are simple control structures, then they are all practically identical, so no single one offers any benefit over any other.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
doing a couple of C/C++ programs doesn't hurt, IMO it just makes you comfortable with coding and programming

Yes. IMHO every professional programmer should be proficient in at least two languages, to the degree that it is understood how differences will affect software design. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of any programming language is only really possible if you have something else to compare it with. So yes, not only does it not hurt, but it is extremely helpful.

We differ only on the question of when to start learning that second language. I find that doing so at the very beginning is more of a distraction than beneficial.

Me gusta l920

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE-

Sorry was i am still learning c# at a very slow speed since ..i am also learning python(because of my school)

BUT I AM DONE WITH THE BASICS OF BASICS

is there any way i can use python to also make the apps? just wondering

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Python is not supported for Windows start screen or windows phone apps.

Python would be a terrible choice for that anyways with its semi-object oriented implementations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss