Best place to promote your app?

Mani kanth

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have made an application. I'm just curious to know where would be the best place to post it, such that people know.

Thanks and regards,
Manikanth

SuperNU

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I thinks if you have made a quote app. Social network is the best place to promote your app.

Post new quotes everyday on your Facebook fan pages and don't forget to add your app icon and app name in the pictures too.

Hope this can help you. Good luck :)

Grayholme

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Mani - have you posted over in the Developer Spotlight Forum?

I've been releasing a slew of apps recently and always make sure to post there. Other than that the options you've got are:

Twitter - setup a user specific to your app - fill in ALL the bio details, good pictures / etc. Post screenshots, likes to videos, etc. Find people that are talking about similar things on twitter - retweet them, reply to them, favorite them, etc.

App landing page - whilst the Windows Phone store gives a pretty good view of your app, you might want more control (inclusion of demo videos etc) - so make sure to build an app landing page - (there are loads and loads of providers - I've been using Rocketstart.me recently - Cricket In My Pocket) - If your budget allows get a full .com domain and website.

Do Facebook as SuperNu suggested.

If you can afford it then buy some Google Adwords. If you can't then maybe try integrating a cross promotional advertising network - I won't bother listing any - there are HUNDREDS, and I don't know which are any good (not used any myself)

Build a press pack (press release, screenshots, promo graphics, demo videos) and submit it to review sites - here's one I built for an iOS app - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9qbc136qtoku7ij/7pYsph8-Ek/flash-in-my-pocket/ios - if you're not paying for your reviews then expect it to take some time to appear.

Beyond that - generally get the word out, find forums and invite knowledgeable people to try it out.

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon