Microsoft Pub Center - Ridicolous eCPM

birmarco

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello! :smile:

Some weeks ago I published my app (Cocktail Bar) in two version: paid and free. In the free version there are banners and limited features. The app is localized as it-IT (Italian-Italy) and en-International (but in English only since the last 7 days). However...

In the Windows Phone Store - Italy my app is very well placed and I get at least 4000-5000 views (but also 10000) every day. Unfortunately the eCPM is very low... too low! When it's good is 0.06-0.10€, but usually is under 0.05€ and sometimes under 0.00€ (less than one euro cent!!!).

I use only the large banner 480*80 px.

This is ridicolous...

Looking for the eCPM in other countries such Australia, UK, USA, Germany or France (have they really sold a few windows phone in France?!) the eCPM is at least over 0.20€ and sometimes over 1, 2€. It's usually about 1$.

This means that I could earn about 5-10€ every day but I actually earn less than 50 cents. :angry: I don't live in the north pole, I live in Italy where Microsoft is selling thousand of Windows Phone

Why? Do I wrong something?

If not, is there an other service?

Thanks to everybody! :smile::smile::smile:

Last edited:

HyApp

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes the Pubcenter ecpm's seem to be very low again. My game (Empires! free) has been serving pubcenter ads for half a year now, and this month seems to generate the lowest revenue so far.
I guess pubcenter has been having really low ad inventory lately as my daily impressions have fallen from ~40 000 a month ago to ~15 000 these days, despite downloads of the game have been rising.

One good solution is to use Ad Rotator to switch between ad providers, and show AdDuplex ads when there are no paying ads available.

birmarco

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes the Pubcenter ecpm's seem to be very low again. My game (Empires! free) has been serving pubcenter ads for half a year now, and this month seems to generate the lowest revenue so far.
I guess pubcenter has been having really low ad inventory lately as my daily impressions have fallen from ~40 000 a month ago to ~15 000 these days, despite downloads of the game have been rising.

One good solution is to use Ad Rotator to switch between ad providers, and show AdDuplex ads when there are no paying ads available.

Thanks for the advices :)

I've noticed too that the end of April and the firsts days of May was a very bad period for Pub Center... Fortunately in this last days the eCPM is growing up again but it's always too low to be considered a form of earning or anything! :confused: 0,50€ for 5000-10000 banners view (considering also the thousands of the not served banner) are a joke!

Your app is localized in English (and distributed in UK or US)? How much is your eCPM? :)

Have you already tried the Google service?

HyApp

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
For the last month, my ecpm on Pubcenter has varied between 0,07€ and 0,25€. I have confiqured AdRotator not to even request pubcenter ads in countries like China and India, I guess the ecpm would be (a lot) lower if I didn't do this.

Empires! is a Xna game so there aren't really much ad providers to choose from. Currently I'm using Pubcenter, Nokia Ad Exhange (Inneractive), AdDuplex and my own ads. I have also tried Smaato ads (for several months), but that was a really bad experience. Smaato seemed to offer good fill rates and ecpm's, but they didn't pay what I had earned. According to them, the click through rate was higher than "industry standards". (of course they have the right to select whether to do business with me or not, but it's not very "fair" let the game first serve their ads for months, and when it would be time to pay, just tell that they are not going to pay anything.) So I can't really recommend using Smaato.

birmarco

May 3, 2013
Visit site
For the last month, my ecpm on Pubcenter has varied between 0,07€ and 0,25€. I have confiqured AdRotator not to even request pubcenter ads in countries like China and India, I guess the ecpm would be (a lot) lower if I didn't do this.

Empires! is a Xna game so there aren't really much ad providers to choose from. Currently I'm using Pubcenter, Nokia Ad Exhange (Inneractive), AdDuplex and my own ads. I have also tried Smaato ads (for several months), but that was a really bad experience. Smaato seemed to offer good fill rates and ecpm's, but they didn't pay what I had earned. According to them, the click through rate was higher than "industry standards". (of course they have the right to select whether to do business with me or not, but it's not very "fair" let the game first serve their ads for months, and when it would be time to pay, just tell that they are not going to pay anything.) So I can't really recommend using Smaato.

Ops! Sorry! I haven't read the notification for your message :D

Thanks for the advices, 2 days ago I added AdRotator control and I configured it to show first PubCenter and than AdDuplex. I configured it to manage the probability in different way for each country. PubCenter 8:2 vs AdDuplex in USA, UK and Germany, where eCPM is higher and a lower ratio in Italy, where eCPM is medium. The lowest ratio is for the rest of the world where eCPM i too low to be considered. Here I prefer AdDuplex, so I can earn many view of my app banner with a very very low cost ;)

When the update will pass the certification I hope to earn something more :D

I've seen a lot of apps that have wrong coding, althroug I don't know yours( and my free apps are totally free - I hate Ads ^^) this DOC may help you increase profit.

Thanks for the link :) but actually in my app there are only "pay per view" ads :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3