Hi all,
    I am planning to develop apps for windows phone 8. As the first step i have to install windows phone sdk on windows 8 64 bit machine...problem is my personal laptop is sony viao with core two duo processor and windows phone sdk gave me an error that "cant run emulator due to hardware virtualization.
    My work laptop is powerful than my personal laptop, so my question is...can i install windows 8 64 bit on usb drive using windows to go feature ,connect it to my work laptop and install windows phone sdk?
    In future when i want create an app i will simply boot with my work laptop using thumb drive and work ? is this possible at all ? I hope i am clear..thanks

Note:- My work laptop is on Windows 7 and I cannot install windows 8 on it
    07-28-2013 01:19 PM
    There are methods to create potable apps from normal programs, but I highly doubt they'll work with the SDK, since it doesn't even run in a fully installed virtual machine and seems to rely on a lot of stuff which can't be put in a portable app.
    However, if you have a phone, you could just deploy the xap and test the app on your phone? I'm in the same situation, but even worse, I have a mac.. I had to install win8 via bootcamp and can't use the emulator either, it needs some sort of hardware acceleration by the CPU and my C2D is too old.
    07-28-2013 01:32 PM
    Why don't you install w8 through VMware, on your work laptop? Also, have you checked your bios to see if their was a setting for virtualization? I had to switch mines on, on my HP.
    07-28-2013 01:32 PM
    Thanks for your reply. Problem is I dont have admin rights to install anything on my work laptop (VMware) ...I cannot afford to buy a new laptop with my current situation.

Just FYI,
    I am Technical consultant for People Soft (E.R.P) ..i am very serious of developing apps :)
    07-28-2013 01:41 PM