How many of you devs ...

returnapps

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
.. develop only for WIndows Phone? And what keeps you doing it considering it's the smallest market (by size) of the top 3 ecosystems?

returnapps

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys - I agree with all of you.

For us it was purely a love for Windows Phone and Metro. I remember getting my first LG E900 and thinking how this was going to change the game. It might have also been a little bit about being different at a time when the world was going in another direction. ** For full disclosure however I should mention that one of us is from Finland and therefore has an infinity to Nokia as everyone there does :)

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Main reason? C#

Me too. I'm considering WP8 development for this very reason. Personally, I think WP8 is still immature and Microsoft is moving too slowly. Nokia seems to be carrying this cross by itself. I'm about to get my first smartphone ever and I decided that it will be a WP (likely a Lumia 822) solely because I know some C# and it's probably smart to leverage this skillset. So yes, I'm embracing WP8 because of C#. Hopefully, Redmond will dedicate more resources to the platform now and make me proud of being a WP user someday.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs