IOS vs windowsphone vs Android what flatform that easy for coding or building apps and games

Lurchorama

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
iOS uses Objective C. There are some other ways, but essentially you need a Mac and xCode to build for it.
Android is primarily Java. Again, there are other ways, but for the most part you use Eclipse + Android SDK
MS actually seems to be making more roads than other in making it easier to build apps for their platform (probably because theryre desperate for developers).
You can obviously use Visual Studio and the WP SDK, but there seems to be this new thing I havent played with yet: Windows Phone App Studio | Microsoft
Something we're looking to play with at work is: https://www.touchdevelop.com/

For games dev, take a look at projectanarchy.com for iOS and Droid
For anyone who was developing in XNA on XBox/WP7 - XNA Games On Windows Phone 8 with Monogame - Nokia Developer Wiki

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
They are the same codes..???

Do you want to learn how to code? Or do you want to make an app without coding?

Learn how to code. Easier it will be C# or Java.
Without coding well MSFT makes a lot of resources available like app studio. People have been creating basic apps with App studio. However, there are other sites for iOS and they are better than app studio

Jessica Lares

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Check out Unity. Visual Programming might be the way for you to go. Easiest to learn. However, you might have to buy new tools every two years.

But my opinion is that you should be focusing more on the art side when it comes to games, as the art and gameplay matter more than what you made it with.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
There is Visual Studio....then there is everything else. Only an ***** would deny programming for Windows Phone is hard.

jbigelow

May 14, 2013
Visit site
There is Visual Studio....then there is everything else. Only an ***** would deny programming for Windows Phone is hard.

If you are coming from a web development background I would agree, moving into WP development does have a learning curve, the feedback loop for mobile environments is a lot more cumbersome than for web. For .NET programmers that have a background in WPF the transition looks to be much easier.

To the OP's original question game development is so different than business app development I would evaluate the difficulty of the platform for one type of development or the other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes