Tutorial: How to get Windows Phone 8 Update 3 for free

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Let me get this straight.....the GDR3 update which has been released right now is a sort of RTM for devs,isn't it....they find the bugs with this version,then report to Microsoft,who fixes these and then releases the 'fixed' version to the users....so if i install it,will i get these fixes later on? Can i flash back to gdr2 using NSU?
Thanks,
Vaibhav

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Let me get this straight.....the GDR3 update which has been released right now is a sort of RTM for devs,isn't it....they find the bugs with this version,then report to Microsoft,who fixes these and then releases the 'fixed' version to the users....so if i install it,will i get these fixes later on? Can i flash back to gdr2 using NSU?
Thanks,
Vaibhav

The developers might find bugs but they are not responsible for the product being signed off for RTM, Microsoft's QA team is. So the answer to your first question is NO, second questions YES

docfreed

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I was able to use custom ringtones on both email and text messages - dragged my mp3 sounds to the Phone>Music>Ringtone directory from my PC, then went into settings where they show up under custom when you go into Settings>Sounds. Didn't even have to reboot the phone.

Still can't attach documents in email and I can't use custom tones for message or reminders. Anyone else install this on an AT&T Lumia 920 with these features not showing up? I do have closing on multi-task, driving mode, and screen rotation lock, as well as more storage options. Perhaps this is the GDR3 "Preview" and not the official yet with everything in it....

I was also expecting Start Screen changes as well, for me live tiles rows/columns...?

CageJ

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
BTW, Wi-Fi connecting is hell fast...
I saw only one bug for now.. after restart there is a pop-up no mobile network.. just click cancel and enter your PIN..

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok, guys, couple of questions. 1st of all. can you explain which of these steps should be done on a computer and then which steps should be done on the phone. I'm assuming the 1st step of registering the App studio is done on the computer. The next step of installing a cert you get in the email should be done on phone is that correct? Then obviously you install the Preview for developers on the phone. Can someone confirm the steps for me please?

The other question I have is will we lose any apps or games installed or even the way our phone is set up? Thanks in advance to anyone who can spare a couple minutes.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
You won't lose your apps. Just flashed myself. Everything is still there.

You sign up on the site, click to download the app from the site, it downloads the app to you phone. You will get an email with a link that installs a security certificate. After that, check for updates and viola!

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks,
Vaibhav
The developers might find bugs but they are not responsible for the product being signed off for RTM, Microsoft's QA team is. So the answer to your first question is NO, second questions YES

this is actually the only thing that's holding me back.. I don't wanna set everything up again once there's some mess-up in this preview that'd be fixed in official GDR3... But then again, would be nice to "flash" the Vodafone DE branding down the toilet eventually ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3